U.K. Sword Ban

OP
Gyakuto

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are murders by sword common in the U.K.?
Not really. I can think of two in recent years, but knife crimes care more common chiefly amongst young gang members, mainly in London. It’s due to availability of weapons in the U.K. Thankfully, guns are not easily available over here (there’s supposedly only 6 pistols in circulation amongst the criminal underground) otherwise I’m sure they’d be the weapon of choice amongst criminals, as they are in the USA.
Who is behind the ban and why?
Our failing government. They need something to boost their plummeting popularity as the idea is naturally popular amongst the public, especially the families of those killed by bladed weapons.
IMO a sword ban is crazy.
I’m partly in agreement with you. I think they should not be available for purchase, online, by muggles who just want something cool to hang on their wall or make silly chopping videos for TikTok. But fully registered, licensed sale to those learning martial arts or antique collectors should be permissible. I’d even go as far as suggesting a mental health record would exclude a person from keeping a sword, but that’s more difficult to implement. In other words, it should be very difficult to purchase and keep a sword.
Will they come for chefs next?
Only if they start carrying them around in public without legitimate reasons.