tv program:Deadly Arts

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this show? The host is a lady who I believe holds dan rankings in Okinawian/Japanese karate, as well as Aikdo. She travels the globe to see, and participate in the different martial arts available. I just watched a episode devoted to Savate, and a couple of its sister systems. I can honestly tell you. I have a whole new respect for this art. I really did'nt know alot about it before. Only some exsposure through the ma publications in the states. I am telling you the articles did not do the system justice. Most of the people they used in the episode. Were in their 40's, and older, but man they could execute. Some of the material previously presented on the show. I did'nt really enjoy because of some of the content. I have to say though. She(the host) seems to be quite the trooper. If you get a chance. Take a look...

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
It shows on FitTV/network. I think it airs only every so often, so there's no set time.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
It has already been discussed a little bit here, might be a little bit helpful.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
donald said:
Has anyone seen this show? The host is a lady who I believe holds dan rankings in Okinawian/Japanese karate, as well as Aikdo. She travels the globe to see, and participate in the different martial arts available. I just watched a episode devoted to Savate, and a couple of its sister systems. I can honestly tell you. I have a whole new respect for this art. I really did'nt know alot about it before. Only some exsposure through the ma publications in the states. I am telling you the articles did not do the system justice. Most of the people they used in the episode. Were in their 40's, and older, but man they could execute. Some of the material previously presented on the show. I did'nt really enjoy because of some of the content. I have to say though. She(the host) seems to be quite the trooper. If you get a chance. Take a look...

I saw a couple of them. It really didn't hold my interest too much.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I saw the show where she trained in Muay Tai ( I know its spelled wrong)..

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Anyone remember the name of the MA show that Discovery (I think) did where they used computerized tracking of the skeletal and muscle structures of the two fighters?

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
HKphooey said:
Anyone remember the name of the MA show that Discovery (I think) did where they used computerized tracking of the skeletal and muscle structures of the two fighters?

extreme martial arts

think it was some varient though

x-treme martial arts, or something like that

pretty slick graphics, a bit sensationalized for my taste, but neat none the less :)

Henderson

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm getting rather ticked off with this show, "Deadly Arts". I check in every Thursday night, and it's always the same damned thing...Aikido, Savate, or Capoeira. Someone told me they saw an episode on Goju Ryu, but I've never seen it.

Kenpobldr

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Henderson said:
I'm getting rather ticked off with this show, "Deadly Arts". I check in every Thursday night, and it's always the same damned thing...Aikido, Savate, or Capoeira. Someone told me they saw an episode on Goju Ryu, but I've never seen it.

I saw the episode with Goju Ryu and it was very good so just keep watching. I like the show and hope that they continue with more episodes. However the episodes with Savate and Capoeira really could not keep my attention.

Henderson

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Kenpobldr said:
I saw the episode with Goju Ryu and it was very good so just keep watching. I like the show and hope that they continue with more episodes. However the episodes with Savate and Capoeira really could not keep my attention.

Thanks for the encouragement. I was beginning to think the Goju episode was a mythical beast. :rolleyes:

Shaolin Bushido

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Goju Ryu? That's the only one I haven't seen! The aikido one was good, as was capoeira, Boxe Francaise, Muay Thai ... I didn't care much for the one on Kalaripayatt.

Latest Discussions