Trouble genetating intrest

D

Despairbear

Greetings all, here is a question for you all. Have you had any trouble generating intrest in your area in regaurds to finding people who are interested in WMA?

Despair Bear

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know fencing has had trouble of late getting participants--enough that it's perpetually in danger of being dropped from Olympic sports.

So many people conflate the WMA and SCA.

OP
T

theneuhauser

I know fencing has had trouble of late getting participants--enough that it's perpetually in danger of being dropped from Olympic sports.

yes, that's true- to all you high schoolers out there, listen up.

if you want to go to college but your concerned about how you or your family will pay for the tuition, take a fencing class.
any college that supports it as a collegiate athletic sport (there's more than you think) will give you a scholarship for fencing. you dont even have to be good. that is a great way to get yourself a free ticket to an education.

plus you get to study a martial art

plus you get pretty european students to hang out with you

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by theneuhauser

if you want to go to college but your concerned about how you or your family will pay for the tuition, take a fencing class.
any college that supports it as a collegiate athletic sport (there's more than you think) will give you a scholarship for fencing. you dont even have to be good. that is a great way to get yourself a free ticket to an education.

Ya, now you tell me. Wish I knew that 20 years ago.:shrug:

Oh my GOD!! Did I say 20 Years!!!:erg:

OP
T

thatoneguy

really
maybe i should get back to fencing
for collage at least

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by theneuhauser

What was I thinking...
:mad:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We do have a Fencing forum here! I think the idea of using it for college scholarships is a good one--unless it gets dropped from the Olympics and there's a snowball effect down to the college level.

Latest Discussions