Translation Help

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I could use a little translation help. I've made a belt rack for my daughter and would like to engrave the top with her name and som other things in both Korean and english.
Can some one give me the charatures for Danielle in korean?

Thanks.

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm not Korean, but I would write Danielle as :

단옐 (dan-yel)

A few google searches for that hangul shows people called Danielle who also use that hangul.

Let me know if you want me to do it in a better font as an image for you to copy.

OP
MaxiMe

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I'm not Korean, but I would write Danielle as :

단옐 (dan-yel)

A few google searches for that hangul shows people called Danielle who also use that hangul.

Let me know if you want me to do it in a better font as an image for you to copy.

Thanks Andy,
I'll edit this one.
Now to get the time to get it made up.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
How do you pronounce her name? Is it like Don-yell, Den-yell, Don-ee-el, Den-ee-el?

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
The reason I asked, and as I posted in the Indomitable Spirit thread here, is I think your daughter's name might roll off Korean tongues a little easier as ㄷㅏㄴ ㅇㅣ ㅇㅔㄹ, or even as ㄷㅔㄴ ㅇㅣ ㅇㅔㄹ

Sorry I can't put that in the correct block that the Koreans would normally do, and as andyjeffries correctly did above. But that is three syllables; Dan, ee, ale, or Den, ee, ale. Said quickly together, they become Daniel. But it is difficult to transliterate words from one language to another, as we all "hear" based on our own particular way we speak our own language, with our own regional pronounciations. Sort of like the difference between tomato and tomahto.

See my post in the Indomitable Spirit thread for links that might help.

EDIT: The link http://www.learnkoreanlanguage.com/learn-hangul.html might help as well.

Rumy73

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't see this one sooner. Her name would be written as 다니엘. For examlpe, Danielle Steele's name is transliterated that way. Best.

I could use a little translation help. I've made a belt rack for my daughter and would like to engrave the top with her name and som other things in both Korean and english.
Can some one give me the charatures for Danielle in korean?

Thanks.

OP
MaxiMe

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't see this one sooner. Her name would be written as 다니엘. For examlpe, Danielle Steele's name is transliterated that way. Best.
Perfect. Same spelling. Thanks

Latest Discussions