Translation help.. .

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I am designing black belt demo team warm ups for my school, and I am trying to get some help translating "Demonstration Team" into Korean for the jackets. Can anyone help me out?

I don't know if this is correct or not, I can pronounce Korean, and I can write in Hangul, but I do not know what the actual Korean words are for "demonstration" or "team"

This is what I have found:

Demonstration: [FONT=&quot]시위운동

Team: [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]한[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]떼의[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]짐[/FONT][FONT=&quot]승

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have also seen "Team" as [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]팀[/FONT][FONT=&quot], but this appears to merely be the English word written in Hangul.

Any help, would be greatly appreciated.
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

OP
SahBumNimRush

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Nevermind, I think I've got it now:

논증 팀

jacktnicol

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Nevermind, I think I've got it now:

논증 팀

It's actually 시범단. 시범 is demo. in the performance sence and 단 is team. 팀 is also team but not real korean just a konglish that has be made from north american influence. (as if you were to read the korean characters it literally says "team") I can tell you this 100% as i teach tkd/hkd in korea (for the last 3 years) and this is what my and every dojangs and team uses.

hope you haven't made them up yet.

JT

and also i'm not sure if you can read korean (if you can awesome but just as a side note) the pronunciation would be 'she bum dan'

Hope that helps out

OP
SahBumNimRush

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It's actually 시범단. 시범 is demo. in the performance sence and 단 is team. 팀 is also team but not real korean just a konglish that has be made from north american influence. (as if you were to read the korean characters it literally says "team") I can tell you this 100% as i teach tkd/hkd in korea (for the last 3 years) and this is what my and every dojangs and team uses.

hope you haven't made them up yet.

JT

and also i'm not sure if you can read korean (if you can awesome but just as a side note) the pronunciation would be 'she bum dan'

Hope that helps out

Thank you! Yes, I can read Hangul.. .That said, I my vocabulary is EXTREMELY limited. I realize that 팀 literally pronounces "team," but it was the only thing I could find on the net. I greatly appreciate your reply.

OP
SahBumNimRush

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
JT,

I know that many Korean words have various meanings in different contexts. 단 shows up as "only" on Yahoo's Babel Fish translator, and I just wanted to make certain you had not mistyped it. As I stated previously, my vocabulary is very limited, and I am not questioning your knowledge, only your typing, j/k.

jacktnicol

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
JT,

I know that many Korean words have various meanings in different contexts. 단 shows up as "only" on Yahoo's Babel Fish translator, and I just wanted to make certain you had not mistyped it. As I stated previously, my vocabulary is very limited, and I am not questioning your knowledge, only your typing, j/k.

단 is the right typing but good call on questioning my typing as it is not always up to par along with my grammar and spelling lol
[FONT=바탕][/FONT]

Latest Discussions