Training

M

Mon Mon

This question is mainly for Bujinkan Practicioners i have been practicing alot but i still feel something is missing in my training i am the only one in my city that dose bujinkan and the majority of my training is done alone any help would be apprieated

Jay Bell

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi Timothy,

I think it's extremely important to be in a Dojo or Shibu setting when studying Bujinkan. Where in Missouri are you located? There may be a group near-by?

OP
M

Mon Mon

I do go to a group Jay Bell I live in St.Joseph I do most of my training by video and trial and error

OP
M

Mon Mon

I have just recently started training as much as possible what i feel i am missing is something i want to be able to use Budo Taijutsu in combat but its not natural enough yet i want to use it to help people and my self

OP
J

Jason Chambers

St. Joseph eh? I used to live in O'Fallon... Ft. Zumwalt High Rules!

Class of 89...

That's fairly close to St. Louis... You should be able to find someone around the area.

Ghost

White Belt
Reaction score
i would practice sneeking around and work on my stealth skills mon mon that might help maybe i will find you and will train you myself

OP
L

Lawman9

Ken Harding is in Missouri. There should be tons of groups there. Ask your instructor about your concerns, in a respectful way. He should be able to demonstrate how the skills he has taught can be applied.
You may not be able to see the applications immediately when you learn a technique. I think that is the hardest thing for new students to learn. You have to build a foundation first.
When I teach a technique I try to break it down to the footwork and body movement involved. Then when the students have a good grasp of it I will demonstrate it in a combat situation. That's mainly because most of my students are fellow cops. We use this stuff all the time and it works flawlessly.

OP
M

Mon Mon

Ken Harding Left the Bujinkan i know of 2 other bujinkan dojos but they are in the st.Louis area and i am in St. Joseph on the Other side of Missouri but i do study with a group so i am good

Latest Discussions