training

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Before my instructor left I trained twice a week for an hour to an hour and a half at a time. We did stretching/warm-up, followed by standing meditation, followed by the short form (twice); then the women only did the fan, then we all did the 42 step sword form, then we worked on wahtever was new. The instructor refused to teach push hands--we don't know why.

Should this be in the Tai Chi forum now?

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by disciple

I practice three times a week one hour each. qigong then short/ long form, then either pushing hands, dalu, chin-na, fan, broadsword, or jian.
arnisador, you could move this posts over there right?

Hey, that's right!

What is dalu? And how do you practice qigong?

H

happyguy

This is a question for anyone training taijiquan. What does your training routine consist of, and how often do you train ?

D

disciple

I practice three times a week one hour each. qigong then short/ long form, then either pushing hands, dalu, chin-na, fan, broadsword, or jian.
arnisador, you could move this posts over there right? :D

salute

:asian:

D

disciple

Originally posted by arnisador

Hey, that's right!

:D

What is dalu? And how do you practice qigong?

dalu is moving pushing hands. I don't know if that helps :) but it's like when the other push you step back and then you push while stepping forward, etc
I practice qigong based on pa tuan chin (I think it's 8 section brocade in English)

salute

:asian:

T

Tachi

I usually start any practice time with a few chi kung exercises to get my energy balanced. Other than that, I've found that if I work different forms on different days (ie long form twice a week, short forms once a week, weapons twice a week and new stuff as it comes) I don't get distracted by trying to do everything on every day. It makes for a nice balance for the week and keeps me from getting too frustrated with the different material.

Tachi :asian: