Training half of martial arts bugs me.

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
But if you cannot adapt to a random attack, then it does not matter how fast or strong you are, fortunately, adaptability is helped by continual movement, andcremaining calm.

Yeah but that is too big a bite of the problem to properly solve it.

Boxing is helped by hitting them and not letting them hit you.

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah but that is too big a bite of the problem to properly solve it

Why would you say that? All these "to big a bite of a problem" can be solved by moving,, transitioning, whether its to a position of avoidance, or a positioning to strike, or from one technique to another.
Trial and error, or results based training. You have fallen hook line and sinker into the hype of a new craze, we have seen this, and most fallen for several times over the generations, Karate, judo, kung fu, ninjitsu, TKD, bjj, vale tudo, mma, not knocking any of these arts, but your in a rebranded, repackaged trend, that happens to of used modern tech, to the marketing advantage, not saying your training is useless (as you have to many), its just your train is red, mine is blue, but they are both going to different station,s in the same destination, yours sport, mine not.

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Why would you say that? All these "to big a bite of a problem" can be solved by moving,, transitioning, whether its to a position of avoidance, or a positioning to strike, or from one technique to another.
Trial and error, or results based training. You have fallen hook line and sinker into the hype of a new craze, we have seen this, and most fallen for several times over the generations, Karate, judo, kung fu, ninjitsu, TKD, bjj, vale tudo, mma, not knocking any of these arts, but your in a rebranded, repackaged trend, that happens to of used modern tech, to the marketing advantage, not saying your training is useless (as you have to many), its just your train is red, mine is blue, but they are both going to different station,s in the same destination, yours sport, mine not.

I could beat Mike Tyson by moving and transitioning. But that isn't going to make me able to beat Mike Tyson.

And my train is a real train. It is not a new craze. It is not a variation on a theme it is n not a bias, it is not marketing. It is a real provable trackball system.

My system actually exists. The performance of my instructors actually exists, the performance of the rest of my club actually exists. And it exists in that it does what it says it does. There is the ability to track my progress in my club against other members of my club. Who track their progress against members of other clubs.

My training is based on really real things.

Is yours? When have you last seen your instructor fight anybody who was any good? When have you fought anyone who is any good?

It is not the color of the train it is whether there is a train there at all.

Because most of these discussions is about conceptual train.

My coach doing a real thing.

Me in the background doing a real thing.

Me in the background again doing real things dressed up like santa clause in a room full of real people doing real things.

Other students doing real things.

Last edited:

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I could beat Mike Tyson by moving and transitioning. But that isn't going to make me able to beat Mike Tyson

Sort of says it all.
Ok whats your professional fight record, I could give you mine, but have no proof, as it was unliscensed fights, means jack I know, but 8-0 with 8 stoppages, not many granted, but this was before mma, and in barns, working mens clubs, and pub car parks, with straw bales as the ring. Or your ameteur fight record, who have you beat that is of note?
Your answer is probably nobody we have heard of, like mine, but £1000 says, you couldnt hit a cows butt with a banjo, and I could arm bar you in 5 mins, but will never know, seeing as you live approx 4000 miles away

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sort of says it all.
Ok whats your professional fight record, I could give you mine, but have no proof, as it was unliscensed fights, means jack I know, but 8-0 with 8 stoppages, not many granted, but this was before mma, and in barns, working mens clubs, and pub car parks, with straw bales as the ring. Or your ameteur fight record, who have you beat that is of note?
Your answer is probably nobody we have heard of, like mine, but £1000 says, you couldnt hit a cows butt with a banjo, and I could arm bar you in 5 mins, but will never know, seeing as you live approx 4000 miles away

Real people from other clubs training in our club. And you know what they were training?

Yep. Real things.
20200523_062542.jpg

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sort of says it all.

You don't understand that if I moved and transitioned correctly I could win fights all the time. If they punch me I just move out of the way.

The concept to winning fights is actually pretty simple.

Unfortunately the application is where the time effort and money goes.

Which is my point.

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Just looked up HIS record 21-5-0, knocked out in all 5 of his loses, perhaps he forgot to protect or move his chin

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Very little stats or quotes coming back, and no fight record for drop bear.

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Or are you looking for more youtube videos, that are unrelated to you or you arguenent?

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
No fight record then?

Nope. But i train with guys who have one.

Which is why I don't teach because I don't believe in teaching something that I basically haven't done.

And this is Important because it works because it works. Isn't it works because I am awesome.

I basically set the bar that my system actually exists. And I think I have met that

And you raised that bar to a professional fight record and then did not see the need to meet that yourself.

While not even meeting my bar.

Why does your argument make any sense?

Like what point were you trying to make with it?

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just looked up HIS record 21-5-0, knocked out in all 5 of his loses, perhaps he forgot to protect or move his chin

So now you have raised the bar again?

From pro fighter to pro fighter with a perfect record.

Even though you couldn't meet mine.

I mean I get it if we raise the bar high enough nobody meets that standard.

But that doesn't justify having no standards.

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Nope. But i train with guys who have one

So this is like your quotes, teacher says, so must be true, but teacher is talking horse dooey, you have no fights, you have just been listening to teacher, and the big boys talk, all that talk about demanding proof, and you have no evidence of your progression, the so say evidence of proof you demand from others, go figure

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
There are no quantifyable stats, teacher says, so it must be true, and you have just said the same thing, you have knocked and riddiculed other posters for saying, cows butts, banjos and arm locks.

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
And I can tell from your answers, under pressure, you fold, so keep your training as a hobby, you will not hack the pressure of the fight game, you maybe ok in the gym, butbkeep it there.

Latest Discussions