Training at home

axelb

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I've noticed many will move into side stance just before doing a back or spinning kick, also turning their lead foot in to help with the turn setup.

But I've also seen it covered well with punch or kick setups so that you miss the subtle changes :D

IvanTheBrick

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone! First off,My name is Mike and I’m new to the forum. I Have a black belt in tkd and I am looking for some recommendations. I started off my training at a local school and spent about 8 years there until I moved. Since then I have done some training at home on and off for the past 10 years. (It’s been a while I know) I am looking for recommendations on things I can train at home. I have worked on my forms (I have the Keith Yates book of forms) and most kicks/punches/etc. I really want to work towards my second Dan black belt and unfortunately with my work schedule and where I live I don’t have many options of joining a good school. If anyone has Any recommendations on techniques/forms to train it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time!
I don't have much space at home so I do conditioning for my knuckles. I don't use many kicks apart from those in Capoeira but I'm still figuring out conditioning there so I don't do much on leg conditioning yet. I have a bag full of rice which I would start by hitting lightly and work my way up to full force hits with the back hand, outside of the hand and the bottom part of a closed fist, 30 mins each hand. I have had to stop recently during exam period but I will begin again in a month or so.

Latest Discussions