Training Advice

OP
Professor Random

Professor Random

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Now that we have the answer to this question allow me to ask another questiong:
Do any of you guys know a website where I could find WTF taekwondo academies? Like a list or something. Or something of that nature.

TrueJim

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Schools have the option of registering themselves with the Kukkiwon, even if they don't necessarily teach a Kukkiwon-style. The closest thing to a list would be:

http://kms.kukkiwon.or.kr/usr/club/find.do

On the map, you have to click on the NAME of a country (not just the outline of the country) in order to zoom-in on your location of interest.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This might be a little bit different training advice than the usual. See this summer I'll be hitting the road and traveling non stop. For various reason visiting family, sight seeing etc. And we won't be back to our hometown for about 3 months. That's a long time to be away from TKD so I was wondering, what can I do to stay in shape? Obviously I'll be running a lot because you can do that anywhere. But I was wondering if you could train at another dojang (With their permission of course) for like a 1 night "free trial". Would that be acceptable or would it seem kinda sketchy. Not really sure about it because I've never done something like this. But I definitely don't want to get out of shape.

Basically what I am asking is if some kid asked to come to your dojang for a night because he was in town and needed some place to train, would you let them?

Thanks for the help :)
I strongly recommend visiting other Dojang's/Dojo's. It will greatly broaden your perspective. I suggest making a call ahead of time. More respectful rather than just dropping in and you can get a feel for the acceptance.

OP
Professor Random

Professor Random

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Schools have the option of registering themselves with the Kukkiwon, even if they don't necessarily teach a Kukkiwon-style. The closest thing to a list would be:

http://kms.kukkiwon.or.kr/usr/club/find.do

On the map, you have to click on the NAME of a country (not just the outline of the country) in order to zoom-in on your location of interest.
Thanks a ton :D

Latest Discussions