Traffic Stop Becomes Colonoscopy Exam.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Id like to read the warrant.

Its not like I could tell a doc.."that enema wasn't enough...do a colonoscopy"...at least not here.

I would like to know the story behind the escalation of medical process in this case.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

That's my thoughts if I told a doc to do XYZ he would look at me and say "with all due respect officer I'm the doc and ABC is medically sufficient

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In each of these cases they billed the suspect for the medical costs:

He was never arrested or charged with anything throughout the entire ordeal. Later, Gila Medical Center sent him a bill for $600.
[...]
Like Young, Eckert was also billed for the procedures — this time for $6,000.

That is crazy, right?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A New Mexico man has settled with local authorities for $1.6 million after claiming police forced him to undergo "multiple digital penetrations and three enemas" on an invalid warrant and without finding any of the illicit drugs they were looking for. David Eckert "feels gratified that the city and county acted quickly, and ... that they recognize his dignity and humanity," his lawyer, Joe Kennedy, said Thursday. "He expects that it won't happen to anyone else ever again."
http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/16/justice/new-mexico-search-settlement/index.html?hpt=hp_t2