torify!!!

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I now can say that I am participating in the Tor network! I have the box set to donate 7GB / month (it is not an exit node). I know that it can be used for nefarious purposes, but, it also helps out with "The China Firewall Problem" and "The Google Problem"!

Now, my box is not a "stable" router, the tor server has to sleep some during the day -- I can only comfortably donate the 7GB / month, and even with it running the bare minimum of 20KB/s, that means that it has to take the sleep.

I myself never move that much data in a month. Only if I download the .iso files do I even count for much, and I would never move the big files though the Tor network. However, I am going to route all of my google queries through this, and most likely all of my web browsing, because I will STILL be donating more bandwidth that I am taking, so I can do it without guilt.

And I also know that the "spooks" in the goverment can crack any such onion type of routing like this. This is not impacting national security, I am confident in that. Those people are too smart and have too many resources to not be able to keep up.

I also may configure my home box to do the same!

So far everything looks to be running fine! If all goes well for a week, I will email my fingerprint to the admins, and in this way, be a real part of the team. If you look at the status pages, you can see the "gnurocket", that is me!!!

:)

My r0wdy box!!!