Torchwood: miracle day

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dr Who and Torchwood have had lots of godo writers in the past.

The success has been a good mix of character development and action.

They have short term story arcs and long term story arcs.

The problem with Torchwood: Miracle Day is that so far their short term story arc's have been too short with no real feel of other than moving sideways. I know it has been done for the long term arc and more for character development. But I have found it slow and if it was not DVR'd I might not be watching it. I liked Torchwood. I also like all the actors in the current series. I just am providiing my opinion as it was asked for.

lindtoholic

White Belt
Reaction score
I love Torchwood and Doctor Who, but Miracle Day has really been something I've struggled to enjoy. Or at least, enjoy for the duration of the series so far. I'm all for an international series of it, and I think it's a good idea, but I just hate the fact that this entire series revolves around one story. If there had been multiple stories, like in the first two seasons, which could theoretically have linked up I think it would have worked, but I'm losing interest more and more as the series itself continues.

Also - I'd like to make a note of saying that although I dislike how it is, I do think the writing for the series is still quite good nonetheless. It just seems a bit of a shame that it's lost some of the fans' interest though.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, use names, it makes it easier for me trying to guess who this "he" or "him" is.

I did "I should point out too that the 'American' star John Barrowman is actually Scottish lol!' The conversation carried on from there.

Latest Discussions