too old for MT?

swivel63

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i'm not sure if this question has been posed before......but for some reason, the words too and old were too short to do a search but.....

i'm 32, turning 33 next month and recently got back into martial arts. i'm currently taking wing chun and there's a gym across the street from my residential development that lists MT as something they instruct. my sihing too a few years of MT and said it's a great system and he learned a lot from it and helped out his wing chun. i'm in decent shape and work out 4-5 days a week. i guess my question is am i too for it? i just want to learn it, and get some sparring in. i don't care about competing or anything like that. if not, is there any other general information i should know?

in addition, the gym in question is x3 sports marietta. does anyone have any insight on this?

Ironcrane

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Dan Inosanto got into MT when he was 43, so based on that alone I'd have to say no you're not to old.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I started training in MA at 46. No insult intended, but you're a kid. Just go, have fun.

cwk

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm 31 and recently started training muay thai here in Thailand. Like you I was already in decent shape from a life of martial arts and exercise so the training wasn't that big a shock to the system. I'm training for my first pro fight at the moment, trying to set it up for next year.
I say just go for it mate, you'll love it.

Latest Discussions