Tom Cruise and KSW ... just for all you SP's out there

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nice.

But, do they have phasers?

No phasers, but they did just "release" a whole butt load of secret Scientology documents.

Anon can be a scary person to piss off, twisted and cruel, no sense of guilt, but does have the attention span of a ADHD kid that just ate a bag of espresso beans...

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
BBC - Scientology and Me

Panorama documentary on Scientology from a couple years back:

[gv]-126281853779690652[/gv]

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nice video. I liked how the same guy kept showing up. Spooooky. You'd think the BBC guys would check the loo for hidden cameras.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology
The discussion page is a frickin warzone.

L Ron was a bad sci-fi writer, rumor is most of his books were ghost written. You would think that actors could see a bad script, but these are the same morons who think they can save the world because they are actors. Baaaah. Baaaah. Baaaaah.

I don't doubt the lower folks are sincere, some of the stuffs a good read if you're into New Age stuff, but the company is a bully plain and simple.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Internet Group Declares War on Scientology

Posted by Zonk on Thursday January 24, @10:03AM
from the so-long-and-thanks-for-all-the-fish dept.

Darkman, Walkin Dude writes "An internet group calling itself Anonymous has declared war on the Church of Scientology, in the form of an ominous posting to the YouTube site. 'In the statement, the group explained their goal as safeguarding the right to freedom of speech. "A spokesperson said that the group's goals include bringing an end to the financial exploitation of Church members and protecting the right to free speech, a right which they claim was consistently violated by the Church of Scientology in pursuit of its opponents." The press release also claimed that the Church of Scientology misused copyright and trademark law in order to remove criticism from websites including Digg and YouTube. The statement goes on to assert that the attacks from the group "will continue until the Church of Scientology reacts, at which point they will change strategy".' It should be noted that Slashdot users have had interactions with Scientology in the past as well."

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I put off my morning chores to read these. I think everyone should take the time to read them. Everyone.

I want to say I didn't know what I started here ... but I have become enlightened to the ways of this ... organization.

From a Interview with L Ron Hubbard Jr.

"Scientology and all the other cults are one-dimensional, and we live in a three-dimensional world.
Cults are as dangerous as drugs. They commit the highest crime: the rape of the soul."
L. Ron Hubbard Jr.

The whole thing:

PDF: http://www.apologeticsindex.org/Penthouse Interview.pdf
HTML: http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache...ouse%20Interview.pdf&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That was a very long and interesting read.
I find it interesting when looked at in conjunction with the BBC article.

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
this guy really loses it....many would consider it a waste of energy. some would say it's inappropriate. what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
this guy really loses it....many would consider it a waste of energy. some would say it's inappropriate. what do you think?
I would say that the incidences were also filmed by BBC cameras and are included in the video from a link previously posted here.

I would also say it's very clear the CoS guy wants desperately to control the situation and resorts to approved vernacular and training to do so. His argument is actually quite pathetic - and when one has no qualified argument they use similar tactics - avoid the questions, turn the attack around, repeatedly use attack tactics and speak over the other person so they never get to offer an intelligent response, ask an intelligent question and they NEVER ANSWER THE QUESTION.

We see the very same tactic used in politics today - I won't say by which party in particular because that's beside the point.

I would say that if anyone were hounding me and following me like the CoS man were I'd say he deserved what he got from the BBC reporter, though it certainly didn't accomplish much and I respect the man for going face-on and apologizing. The analogy to the "role" he was playing was missed, I think and is termed an "excuse."

I also think that any church who will go to such lengths to defend their "faith" fully well know their practices are questionable at best and should be investigated. By God, even the Catholic church has welcomed investigation.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Game

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm bored. Lets update.

Scientology Given Direct Access To eBay Database
Posted by kdawson on Tuesday February 19, @02:48PM
An anonymous reader writes "The Church of Scientology can delete auctions from eBay with no supervision under the VeRO program, and has used this to delete all resale of the e-meters Scientologists use. This is to stop members from buying used units from ex-members instead of buying from the official (and very expensive) source. Given Scientology's record of fraud and abuse, should eBay give them this level of trust? Will this set a precedent for other companies that want to stop the aftermarket resale of their products?"

Oh, so what about the Feb. 10th protests?
Anonymous Reflects on Feb. 10

forums.enturbulation.org — As we reflect upon the tenth of February, we are pleased to announce that our day of action has been crowned with great success. A wave of demonstrations spearheaded by Anonymous has swept the world. These spanned four continents, occurring in over 90 cities and involving over 7300 individuals in total.

The next event of our campaign is scheduled for March 15. Beware the Ides of March, Church of Scientology!

Latest Discussions