Tom Cruise and KSW ... just for all you SP's out there

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This video is SO revealing about Cruise and his zeal for Scientology.

I have strong opinions about this video and his ramblings but want to read the opinions of others first.

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
wow! that was the best testemonial of scientology i have ever experienced.
in the past, i was never a big fan of scientology because i felt they were extreme as well as ambigious on a few basic issues.
but through this video, i have come to see the logic of scientology better.
it's like a kind of activism geared for the individual. may well be helpful to many people...come on, look how young and good cruise looks in that vid.
dunno what he was laughing about so giddy...but i am thinking that scientology can do a person good.

geez, makes me want to quit all my bad habits and take a sowing class.

j

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tom Cruise has turned into a real freak. "We can help. I'm here to help. Help. Help. Help." If that's what Scientology does to a person, I'm going to Run, run far, far away.

"The only way you can control people is to lie to them."
- L. Ron Hubbard

Thought Control and Scientology

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yah. "Help" me do what, exactly?

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
"When you drive past an accident ... you know you're the only one who can really help."

All Scientologists are paramedics?

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't think he even knows what he is talking about.

The whole interview, not one thing about what scientology actually is gets said.

Anyone that says they are not a cult is nuts, how to deal with those "SP"'s Cruise mentions:

[yt]pPol_m8wm8Y[/yt]

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
hello martial talk!

actually, a friend of mine told me that when he was back home in his country, one of his friends became involved with scientology and ended up getting deaththreats from them.
i don't know what the exact truth is. i am beginning to see the ideas of scientology more clearly.
however, i can't imagine how one could change someones life forcefully- can there be gentle force? like parental? i dunno, but if so i think it would be a hell of a responsibility if not spiritual then even worldly.

crazy video.

j

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
however, i can't imagine how one could change someones life forcefully- can there be gentle force? like parental? i dunno, but if so i think it would be a hell of a responsibility if not spiritual then even worldly.

This is how:
Scientology TR's (Training Routines... everything has a acronym... )

[gv]-799954787514590907[/gv]

I'd consider that pretty much brainwashing technique.

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
I saw some of this on TV last night. Holy ****! I always knew there was something seriously wrong with Scientology but I had no idea it was this crazy.

Cruise was presented as some sort of drooling, raving messiah. He straightened out the firefighters after 9/11. He fixed the US education system. What the hell is going on. Do they think that no one is paying attention so they say anything they want.

Some interesting things.

Scientology believes that psychology is some sort of Nazi plot. I wonder how Freud and Jung would feel about this. The Nazis made a great show of burning Freud's work, and Jung worked within the Nazi world to lessen their impact on psychology (what they called the "Jewish Science"). Scientology has even made a movie of how evil psychology is.

And what about money? To get to be a god-king spokesman for alien intervention in human affairs costs about US$400 000. So the upper echelons of Scientology are not for ordinary people.

But then they don't want ordinary people do they? 80 million years ago alien messed with human genetics with the purpose of producing a super race. Really? Come on! Clearly there is some sort of psychological thing going on. Oh wait! There can't be because psychology isn't real.

Scientology wants to make everyone a Scientologist, forcibly if needs be. But if this is the case then they might to use a spokesman who doesn't need the drool wiped from his chin quite so often.

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
actually, long time ago something like 8 years ago, someone was pulling some shady actions on me similar to the examples in the video above. interesting, but i spent serious time figuring out what just happened
actually, scientology is powerful over here. it noticed it for a while. i found it too be downright spooky at times.
it's comforting to at least know a little bit more about it as it comes to light. however, the criminal stuff is sortof really worrysome to say the least, however. like i said, downright spooky.
what bothers me most however is the way that they describe creation. it's not really scientific nor is it religious, it seems to simply have no real content. maybe i just didn't read the right stuff, but i went to the website a long time ago to inform myself...i didn't get any message at all...even though they quoted einstein and have pictures of fossils... now i think fossils are cool, but it didn't tell me anything about their beliefs on creation.

j

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
what bothers me most however is the way that they describe creation. it's not really scientific nor is it religious, it seems to simply have no real content. maybe i just didn't read the right stuff, but i went to the website a long time ago to inform myself...i didn't get any message at all...even though they quoted einstein and have pictures of fossils... now i think fossils are cool, but it didn't tell me anything about their beliefs on creation.

That's because it is made up. L Ron Hubbard made up the religion to win a bet, found he could make money from it and ran with it. It is not designed to explain the world just to give someone a belief that they will be rescued from this druggery called life - by aliens.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Look, I wish the world was a different place. I'd like to go on vacation, and go and romp and play and just do that, you know what I mean?

WTF, Tom? I thought you were able to create new realities?

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
zzzzzzz oh! is Tom done talking? Uhh.. okay... umm, what all did he say? The tape was definitely edited but either way... Tom has gone over. Too bad.
The three stooges in the other video were more interesting. The one guy seemed to insist that everyone has a "crime" they're hiding just because they're attacking Scientology. Asking isn't attacking fella.
The other guy was pushing it. Accusing the reporter of being a child molester... I caught myself thinking... if he just accused me of that I think I'd be in jail for trying to shove the camera up his ****. Pretty brazen but it speaks volumes of their techniques to gain members. It's a forceful means of getting a person to break down to be helpless and then being SO grateful that they were being "Helped!"
The training video was ... well odd ... you mean I'm gonna sit there for HOURS or even DAYS with my eyes closed? Sheesh... Yeah it's a brainwashing technique. Sleep/sustenance deprivation is a power technique, same with forceful confessions and having the idea of getting it "all out" is liberating.

Beware when these folks come talking to you.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
zzzzzzz oh! is Tom done talking? Uhh.. okay... umm, what all did he say?

Absolutely nothing. I don't think he even completed a sentence.

The three stooges in the other video were more interesting. The one guy seemed to insist that everyone has a "crime" they're hiding just because they're attacking Scientology.

Well, Scientologists are trying to make the world better, by making the people better. If you are attacking what scientology is you are attacking the idea of making people better, which means you must be a bad person that doesn't want to change.

I'm guessing that is their logic, although I think it is more about redirecting focus off of them and onto the "SP", no matter what he says they will go on exactly the same in the attacks until they push the person over the edge. Basically the same tactic as in the training video.

Asking isn't attacking fella.
The other guy was pushing it. Accusing the reporter of being a child molester... I caught myself thinking... if he just accused me of that I think I'd be in jail for trying to shove the camera up his ****. Pretty brazen but it speaks volumes of their techniques to gain members. It's a forceful means of getting a person to break down to be helpless and then being SO grateful that they were being "Helped!"

Attack without mercy anyone that criticizes the church, no longer an "official" policy that they will admit too, but they admited that in the past:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Game_(Scientology)

Claiming anyone that criticises them is a criminal is open policy though:

Now get this as a technical fact, not a hopeful idea. Every time we have investigated the background of a critic of Scientology we have found crimes for which that person or group could be imprisoned under existing law. We do not find critics of Scientology who do not have criminal pasts. Over and over we prove this. -- Critics of Scientology, "Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter," 5 November 1967

It's a oneway rule though, (aren't double standards a standard cult feature?) The Church and Tom Cruise would sue anyone saying it back.

Although it's not always about winning, just harassing critics:
"The purpose of the suit is to harass and discourage rather than win. The law can be used very easily to harass, and enough harassment on somebody who is simply on the thin edge anyway, well knowing that he is not authorized, will generally be sufficient to cause professional decease. If possible, of course, ruin him utterly."—L. Ron Hubbard, The Scientologist, a Manual on the Dissemination of Material, 1955

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MA-Caver
zzzzzzz oh! is Tom done talking? Uhh.. okay... umm, what all did he say?
Absolutely nothing. I don't think he even completed a sentence.
Yeah, kinda sad isn't it? Also sad is that John Travolta is a Scientologist I believe. Getting big name stars on their membership roster is gonna make 'em even more brazen. Note that the J.W.'s don't boast about Michael Jackson being of their faith do they? hee :D

Originally Posted by MA-Caver The three stooges in the other video were more interesting. The one guy seemed to insist that everyone has a "crime" they're hiding just because they're attacking Scientology.

Well, Scientologists are trying to make the world better, by making the people better. If you are attacking what scientology is you are attacking the idea of making people better, which means you must be a bad person that doesn't want to change.

I'm guessing that is their logic, although I think it is more about redirecting focus off of them and onto the "SP", no matter what he says they will go on exactly the same in the attacks until they push the person over the edge. Basically the same tactic as in the training video.
This is I believe, probably the same tactic that a lot of cults use. Whatever it is it isn't logic.
Part of me would've started offering the "three stooges" in the video some kool-aid.