Status
Not open for further replies.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I understand that Sukerkin, but when people unjustly leave you bad reps for making an argument, similar to how this post will probably earn me one, it makes you look bad.
Admin Note:

There are many threads on MT regarding the reputation system, what it means to different people, and it is still anonymous on purpose. The value YOU assign to the "reputation" you get here all depends upon how YOU choose to look at it.

If you suspect abuse of the rep system, feel free to contact me or another Admin. Otherwise, let's keep to the topic of the thread please.

G Ketchmark / shesulsa
MT Assist. Administrator

OP
ToShinDoKa

ToShinDoKa

Green Belt
Reaction score
I appreciate the response. The value it holds to me is how others may view it when I might be trying to make a response, that's the only reason I'm concerned about it. Thanks for giving me an option if I feel there's a possibility of rep abuse.

-ToShinDoKa

SKB

Green Belt
Reaction score
shesulsa & Sukerkin,

I understand what you guys are saying! Just wish folks could have a discussion on here without trashing the art or Mr. Hayes. Once they do that people get annoyed and it turns into a pissing contest. If what started this thread was wrong then discuss it. Instead they jump all over people and tell me and others we don't act right since we do not agree with them. The rep thing seems as a way for folks to just take a cheap shot and get away with it.

I gave up on this forum once , might be time to do it!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
shesulsa & Sukerkin,

I understand what you guys are saying! Just wish folks could have a discussion on here without trashing the art or Mr. Hayes. Once they do that people get annoyed and it turns into a p***ing contest. If what started this thread was wrong then discuss it. Instead they jump all over people and tell me and others we don't act right since we do not agree with them. The rep thing seems as a way for folks to just take a cheap shot and get away with it.

I gave up on this forum once , might be time to do it!

For myself I do not care to talk bad about anyone even though I am not perfect on this. (yet I try) I and most MartialTalk member's are interested in having To Shin Do practitioner's come on here and commenting on their art and their art's leader and we try very hard to maintain a friendly welcoming atmosphere. Certainly another member may take a shot but that happen's in other areas too and not just in the To Shin Do area. If you show respect and give respect then certainly respect will generally come back your way. Personally I hope that more To Shin Do practitioner's post here in the future.
icon6.gif

Highland Ninja

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Johan D'hondt wrote:

I can imagine that An-Shu Stephen Hayes (this is how we call mr Hayes ) was a bit different in the '80's, it was about 30 years ago...

My point was that he is not any different. His behavior on many levels is still the same as it ever was.

I may be possible that in the '80's, he may have lost his calm, became angry with somebody and slammed his fist on the table. that can happen !

It's not merely possible, we actually witnessed it! But you're saying that as if to imply that such a thing couldn't happen today.

Did you never get angry in your life, mr highland Ninja?

Certainly. But I never threw a temper tantrum because I couldn't do something someone else could do. I never lied or corrupted my training to make a quick buck. I never lied to/about my teacher to make myself look good or to save some money. I'm afraid I cannot say the same thing for Steve. And believe me, it saddens me to have to say that.

For my part of the history, I got to met An-Shu for the first time around 1991, where he gave me the impression of somebody who was totally in control of his life, working hard, exploring all facets (fysical and mental) of the ancient ninja art, and what impressed me most, he was ready to share his knowledge with me !

And that is exactly how he came off when I first met him back in the very early 80's. That's my point. He's always acted this way in public. But the real Steve is quite different than the "Shidoshi mode" he presents to the public, ie the "Stephen K. Hayes" personna. Or perhaps now it's more accurate to call it his "An-shu" personna. With Steve, it was always about marketing his image to make money, and it's still that way today. The rare few times that I talked to Steve and caught him outside his "Shidoshi mode" (he was only a shidoshi back then), it was like he was a totally different person. I truly wish he could be that way all the time.

NOW, years later, I secretly hope that An-Shu Hayes has made some progress with his inner work...For what I have seen so far, he has...

I wish he had, as well. But based on his behavior, I can see that he hasn't. Unfortunately.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
admin Note: Thread Locked Pending Review.

G Ketchmark / Shesulsa
Mt Assist. Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions