To past critics of killing intruders, I give you..

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yea Darth it is just about everywhere, intruder should be treated as intruder when they break in and not house guest.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That's why it's woe be to those inside my (parents') house uninvited, unannounced and unidentified.
That's why I'll have to pin my hopes on a jury that'll understand the danger of a stranger in the home, because the sucker(s) are dead.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a link to more updated information. Since this happened, its been in the paper and on the news everyday. The Doctor was very well known, and this is certainly taking a toll on the residents of Cheshire.

There have been many threads on here about prison, the treatment prisoners, get, etc., but IMHO, my heart only bleeds for the scumbags so many times. These two animals have been in and out of prison. Due to the extreme graphic nature of this, these people should never see the light of day. There is no hope for these two, none at all!

Interestingly enough, people affiliated with the courts are saying that there needs to be an investigation into the system. Ya think!! Here is a link to that.

My heart really goes out to the community, but even moreso to the Doctor and the relatives.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Doctrine

Is your state a "Castle Doctrine State"?

If not, petition your legislative officials to support the rights within your home.

Hmm...if I'm reading right, looks like CT falls into the Duty to Retreat category. So, my bedroom is upstairs. So, if someone breaks in at 3am, I'm supposed to get out of bed, go downstairs with my wife and dog, and walk out the front door, according to what I'm reading.

Actually, what will most likely happen, is I'll pick up the nearest blunt object and use it to defend myself. Chances are, I probably wont have time to leave. They're coming into my house without an invite. That being said, I'm going to defend whats mine, regardless of the law in place. If I go up the river, I guess I'll deal with that later. One of two things will happen: Either I will get seriously hurt or they will. If I'm lucky it'll be them. :)

Please dont take my frustration on this as a slam on you Sapper. My frustration is with the messed up laws in the state where I live.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, I bet if you check the bad guys records? ...they never server there full terms and were release many times before!

FBI records shows over 75% of crimes comes from REPEAT OFFENDERS.....many release early for so call "good behavior" or to make space for the incoming repeat offenders caught again and again.

Only in America we release the bad guys ( to only go back out to commit more crimes..but NOW more deadly/er too!

It cost YOU the tax payer $35,000 a year to keep one prisoner alive in a cell each year. (20 years = $700,000 w/No inflation). They get medical attention,3 meals a day, laundry service, (room and board). They can have TV's, radios, reading materials...almost the comfort of a home.

Guess what the do not have to pay taxes or up keep for their time. (FREE)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
America NEED's to wake up? Get serious about crime and time.

Drugs will never end? ....because we let them out so easly....

Rapist/Predators-(99% are never cure by jail time!) ....yet we let time out after a short time in Prison.....(only to have them do it over and over and over.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Our laws are suppose to made by govenment and not by religion beliefs....should be a separation of thoughts here!

....Just my belief's on this...........Aloha

PS: Is is sad the innocent dies.............

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmm...if I'm reading right, looks like CT falls into the Duty to Retreat category. So, my bedroom is upstairs. So, if someone breaks in at 3am, I'm supposed to get out of bed, go downstairs with my wife and dog, and walk out the front door, according to what I'm reading.

Actually, what will most likely happen, is I'll pick up the nearest blunt object and use it to defend myself. Chances are, I probably wont have time to leave. They're coming into my house without an invite. That being said, I'm going to defend whats mine, regardless of the law in place. If I go up the river, I guess I'll deal with that later. One of two things will happen: Either I will get seriously hurt or they will. If I'm lucky it'll be them. :)

Please dont take my frustration on this as a slam on you Sapper. My frustration is with the messed up laws in the state where I live.

Actually while talking to an ADA (* don't ask *) a few years ago he explained to me that if you live in a two tory house you should have an escape plan if there is a fire in the stairwell. So since you are expected to have a safe way out of your house in case of a fire, you should take the route to leave if there is an intruder. I asked him about this escape plan and if it did not or would it not make the house more accessible to intruders? He said if they come in that way then go down the stairs. :rolleyes:

The good news is that Michigan changed many of its' basic laws last year. So this nonsense and craziness of protecting the intruder in your house.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually while talking to an ADA (* don't ask *) a few years ago he explained to me that if you live in a two tory house you should have an escape plan if there is a fire in the stairwell. So since you are expected to have a safe way out of your house in case of a fire, you should take the route to leave if there is an intruder. I asked him about this escape plan and if it did not or would it not make the house more accessible to intruders? He said if they come in that way then go down the stairs. :rolleyes:

The good news is that Michigan changed many of its' basic laws last year. So this nonsense and craziness of protecting the intruder in your house.

Well, heres the problem. I live in a condo. I have a garage, then the main living area, then the bedrooms upstairs. There is one set of stairs to go up and down from the main living area to the bedrooms. Could I open the window, pop out the screen and jump to the deck? Possibly, but its still pretty high up there, so chances are, I'm going to injure myself in the fall. I also have a patio set out there, so I'd probably crash onto that. Assuming that I was capable of using that route, I'm still stuck. The sliding glass doors are locked from the inside. Its still pretty high to jump from the deck to the ground below. Regardless of whether or not I'm capable of doing this, I still have my wife to worry about. She may not be capable or willing. And despite what some say about their pets, I'm not leaving the dog behind.

Additionally, whats to say that the people breaking in are going to let us leave?

So you see, in the long run, I'd rather take my chances with the intruders and the staircase. Either way its a crappy situation.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am in no way an advocate of using violence as a solution to a problem but it seems to me that if someone breaks into your house and is not content with thievery of things (that I can replace) on the ground floor then, by dint of their venturing up the stairs, they are offering an explicit threat to both myself and, massively more importantantly, my missus.

In this country, I have no right to defend myself (I'm just a serf when all is said and done). I rather hoped that America would have more sense :(.

If a felon has not learned to amend his/her ways after the first prison term then, far-right as it sounds, I'm quite happy (dependant on the crime of course) to append my name to the collective responsibility of their not being a part of society any more.

Mr. E

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I am in no way an advocate of using violence as a solution to a problem but it seems to me that if someone breaks into your house and is not content with thievery of things (that I can replace) on the ground floor then, by dint of their venturing up the stairs, they are offering an explicit threat to both myself and, massively more importantantly, my missus.

If you wait until they start up the stairs, it might be too late. You need to attack, using everything in your power as soon as you can and before they can find out much and can do anything. If they are in your home and don't run like hell when they see you, the only logical thing to assume is that they are there to harm you.

If they run, let them go. If they don't run, do not hesitate to kill them if you can.

This is from the update.

The two men -- who have lengthy criminal records that include larceny and burglary -- were out on parole Monday when they broke into the home of a prominent Cheshire physician and held his family hostage for hours before setting the home on fire, authorities said.

These animals were out on parole after all they have done? The American legal system has to be fixed if this type of thing can happen.

Lets not beat around the bush, these two animals tied two girls aged 11 and 17 to a bed. They are being charged with sexual assault so we can bet that their last hours were not pleasent. Then to try to cover their escape they set fire to the house. These two children's last minutes were in extreme fear as the flames raged through their house towards them. The only mercy is that they died of smoke inhalation rather than the pain of the flames but these scumbags would not have cared if they had as long as they got away.

These guys are not human. Anyone who would condem someone to a death like that just so they can get away needs to be put down like the mad dog they are.

And the rest of us need to print out a copy of these articles and keep them for the time should we ever need to kill someone in our houses. If any prosecutors try to say that maybe we should have waited until they showed some sort of intent to harm us, we can show the juries the article and say, "knowing that there are people that do this, are you willing to take the risk to your families for the criminal's sake?"

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No argument from me, Mr E. I concur that if someone is in my home and does not flee when I challenge them then the automatic assumption should be that any action I take is justified.

The problem is in proving that 'challenge'. Gladly I've never had to take it that far.

Fortuitously, the one time someone tried to break into my house (when I was there), all it took was me walking into the bathroom, the window of which they were half way through, to foil the attempt. Okay, it's true that my laughing may have had something to do with their speedy withdrawal and my response of "What are you doing you daft bastard? I'm awake! Come back when I'm out.".

I do so hope that his fall from the second story window didn't hurt {:lie: :eek:}

BudoTiger

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
ok im from the deep south. natchez, mississippi to be exact. so to put it blunt im a real redneck living in southern california, home of gangs and numerous serial killers. so anyone walking in my house uninvited in the middle of the night is either gonna get the thick end of a pool cue i have to the top of the head or the tip of my katana which ever is closest. my first and foremost duty is to protect my family so thats what im gonna do. as far as im concerned anyone coming in my home uninvited in the middle of the night has ill intentions and will receive ill intentions. if that means i have to face a jury of my pears then i leave my fate in theirs and gods hands.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you wait until they start up the stairs, it might be too late. You need to attack, using everything in your power as soon as you can and before they can find out much and can do anything. If they are in your home and don't run like hell when they see you, the only logical thing to assume is that they are there to harm you.

If they run, let them go. If they don't run, do not hesitate to kill them if you can.

This is from the update.

These animals were out on parole after all they have done? The American legal system has to be fixed if this type of thing can happen.

Lets not beat around the bush, these two animals tied two girls aged 11 and 17 to a bed. They are being charged with sexual assault so we can bet that their last hours were not pleasent. Then to try to cover their escape they set fire to the house. These two children's last minutes were in extreme fear as the flames raged through their house towards them. The only mercy is that they died of smoke inhalation rather than the pain of the flames but these scumbags would not have cared if they had as long as they got away.

These guys are not human. Anyone who would condem someone to a death like that just so they can get away needs to be put down like the mad dog they are.

And the rest of us need to print out a copy of these articles and keep them for the time should we ever need to kill someone in our houses. If any prosecutors try to say that maybe we should have waited until they showed some sort of intent to harm us, we can show the juries the article and say, "knowing that there are people that do this, are you willing to take the risk to your families for the criminal's sake?"

Wonderful system we have. IMHO, if they dont learn their lesson after the first time, they should get no more second chances. Looking at their past record, it was like a revolving door with these dirtbags. This disgusting act should be the final swing on the door. The last door they go thru should be the prison cell where they will be living for the rest of their pathetic lives.

ok im from the deep south. natchez, mississippi to be exact. so to put it blunt im a real redneck living in southern california, home of gangs and numerous serial killers. so anyone walking in my house uninvited in the middle of the night is either gonna get the thick end of a pool cue i have to the top of the head or the tip of my katana which ever is closest. my first and foremost duty is to protect my family so thats what im gonna do. as far as im concerned anyone coming in my home uninvited in the middle of the night has ill intentions and will receive ill intentions. if that means i have to face a jury of my pears then i leave my fate in theirs and gods hands.

My thoughts exactly! :)

Mike

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sorry gotta go with the group here my home is my home and I would rather face 12 strangers in a court room then having 6 friends carry me.

thardey

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Makes me glad I live in a solidly "Castle Doctrine" state. I couldn't imagine trying to "escape" from your own home.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Always be sure it is an intruder and not a family member going to the bathroom. Once you are sure, game time is over. If they are still in the house they get carried out, if they make it out they are not free because I will do the same as if they were still in the house only you now have to carrier them back in. You have to know your capabilities and your limitations. Life one o one.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, heres the problem. I live in a condo. I have a garage, then the main living area, then the bedrooms upstairs. There is one set of stairs to go up and down from the main living area to the bedrooms. Could I open the window, pop out the screen and jump to the deck? Possibly, but its still pretty high up there, so chances are, I'm going to injure myself in the fall. I also have a patio set out there, so I'd probably crash onto that. Assuming that I was capable of using that route, I'm still stuck. The sliding glass doors are locked from the inside. Its still pretty high to jump from the deck to the ground below. Regardless of whether or not I'm capable of doing this, I still have my wife to worry about. She may not be capable or willing. And despite what some say about their pets, I'm not leaving the dog behind.

Additionally, whats to say that the people breaking in are going to let us leave?

So you see, in the long run, I'd rather take my chances with the intruders and the staircase. Either way its a crappy situation.

MJS, while I do not support having to leave and support the right to defend oneself I was repeating a discussion. I can only imagine this guy asking what would you do in the above mentioned fire? You should have a rope or flexible ladder by a window(s) upstairs so they could be used to go down to the patio. Then on the patio, you also would have a flexible ladder to get down as well.

I just remember this guy saying you could go to jail and loose your house and car and pension and savings and then who would take care of your wife and kids then? (* See the whole in the arguement here? It is ok to take care of the bad guy, but not the nice guy wife and kid who is in jail for defending them. *)

I know that it seems like a reasonable person would say you were just protecting your family. Although good investigation might check for blogs or forums to see if you have expressed an opinion, and then use it against you to show you had predermined your actions with taking your chances with defending yourself.

Now personally, I think you and everyone should be able to defend themselves. I tink it is silly to assume that someone breaking into your house has the rights of posession while you the legal owner have to leave. If is just crazy to think about that in my mind.

I wish you luck.

Send a letter or e-mail to the sponsor of the firearms forum http://glsda.org/ . They helped lobby here in Michigan. They might be able to help you in your state.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
There's a reason I have a Sickle (no, seriously) setting next to my bed. No, it's not a Kama, yes it is sharp, yes I do practice with it, no Kama is not a part of the Cuong Nhu circulum (that I know and/or am aware of).

Latest Discussions