TMNT Returns!!

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I was one of the original Turtle cartoons biggest fans! Leonardo was my favorite. :) I didn't know that they had a comic book series--besides the cartoony silly ninja turtles comics I had. I've watched every episode of the new turtle cartoons so far and it's okay. I liked the old theme song 100 times better and I preferred the old, silly, child friendly (and yes, VERY corny!) cartoons to this new style that I hear better suits the original comics. I'm getting tired how many cartoons nowadays have to be 'cool' and 'tough' instead of funny, innocent. I don't like how Raphael has such an attitude problem (easily gets angry and doesn't seem to have much self control for a ninja) and he reminds me of Wolverine from the X-men (I like X-men--just never cared for Wolverine). I preferred how the old Shredder was 'not too scary' while this new one definitely is. This is just me though. I'll probably keep watching these new episodes but I'm sure I'll remain a fan of the old, corny, cartoons. ;)

Robyn :asian:

Attachments

• $leonardo.jpg
    $leonardo.jpg
    497 bytes · Views: 144

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For those who don't catch some of the not-so-hidden references from the first TMNT comic:

1) The 'Foot' ninja clan is a play on the 'Hand' ninja clan from Marvel comics, mainly featured in the X-Men and Wolverine books.

2) When Splinter describes how he mutated, the young man being hit on the eyes with the canister is supposed to be Matthew Murdock, a.k.a., Daredevil.

3) The writing of the first book to me is very reminiscent of Chris Claremont and Frank Miller, X-Men and Wolverine writers respectively.

Cthulhu
recovering fanboy

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by Cthulhu
For those who don't catch some of the not-so-hidden references from the first TMNT comic:

1) The 'Foot' ninja clan is a play on the 'Hand' ninja clan from Marvel comics, mainly featured in the X-Men and Wolverine books.

2) When Splinter describes how he mutated, the young man being hit on the eyes with the canister is supposed to be Matthew Murdock, a.k.a., Daredevil.

3) The writing of the first book to me is very reminiscent of Chris Claremont and Frank Miller, X-Men and Wolverine writers respectively.

Cthulhu
recovering fanboy

cool :asian:

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by tarabos
the fourth cover....take note of the red bandanas/masks for all the turtles...the way it should be.

01cover4.jpg

VERY cool............:eek:

OP
S

Shinzu

indeed.. it was never meant to become "comical" in my opinion.

OP
E

Elfan

Thanks for pointing that out to me tarabos, I enjoyed reading it.

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by Shinzu
indeed.. it was never meant to become "comical" in my opinion.

What happened then? :disgust:

OP
S

Shinzu

the public got a hold of it and changed it all around so they would be "more likeable". not always a good thing. sometimes it is better not to change things. but then again maybe the turtles would not have seen the fame they have if they were not altered.

anyway..the old was better by far

OP
E

Elfan

Saw the new cartton today and didn't like it much. Too much "hey lets be cool and anime style." They missed both the comical old cartton style and the edge comic book style, which didn't leave much in my opinion.

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
the public got a hold of it and changed it all around so they would be "more likeable". not always a good thing. sometimes it is better not to change things. but then again maybe the turtles would not have seen the fame they have if they were not altered.

anyway..the old was better by far

i don't think "likeable" is the right word. it's "marketable." younger children could latch on to the fad of the turtles if they were made to seem less violent and have less bloodlust to parents. even then there were many complaints about them being too violent.

plus look at the cash they made off of all the different products with the turtles on them....

action figures...comics...lunchboxes....bed sheets....backpacks...video games...the list goes on.

much of the products are products that only children would want...it was a goldmine waiting to be tapped.

OP
S

Shinzu

yeah...but what a sellout. then again if i created the turtles maybe i would do the same. heck who couldn't use all that cash?...LOL

OP
M

Master of Blades

yeah...but what a sellout. then again if i created the turtles maybe i would do the same. heck who couldn't use all that cash?...LOL

Its true....I wonder if I wuld give up all that money just to deliver a quality show to the public :rolleyes: Still, I wish they would release a cartoon with the ORIGINAL turtles.....because Cartoons are getting darker these days. Take Spawn for example :D

OP
M

Master of Blades

that would be ideal!!

You actually seen the Cartoon Spawn so you know waht your talking about or you just agreeing with me :rolleyes: :p

Latest Discussions