tkd movies

aftab

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Almost forgot Jang Lee Hwang, also did a rather awesome Kicking Video about the art of Tae Kwon Do called: The Art of High Impact Kicking. Which is just about improving your kicking!

Not a movie, but great stuff none the less

FranciscoNegron

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
“The Dragon Tamers” (1974). Perhaps my favorite. John Woo’s 2nd film as director. A race chance for actor James Tien to be the lead, although Carter Wong has more screen time. Ji Han Jae has an extended cameo.

FranciscoNegron

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
There’s also “Promising Young Boy” (1987). Colin Chou (“The Matrix” sequels) is the lead. Alexander Lo Rei is the main baddie. Don Wong Tao plays the coach. I think the filmmakers of “Best of the Best” watched this. Taiwan vs Korea taekwondo plot.

While “Hapkido” (1972) is the better movie, there is the movie “When Taekwondo Strikes” (1973) where Jhoon Rhee’s skill is wasted.

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
American Dragons. Not specifically about TKD but one of the main characters is a TKD guy. The movie came out in 1998, stars Michael Bienh and Cary Hiroyuki-Tagawa. Decent movie.

bluepanther

Orange Belt
Reaction score
"I Can, I Will, I Did" is a movie specifically about Taekwondo. It is from 2017.

Latest Discussions