Time to share something

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
it's just some simple response drills.
If that's your intention then a fast punching countered by a fast blocking will be a good training. I have seen some MA demo that one guy throws a punch, his opponent counters him with 6 punches while his arm is still frozen into the thin air (you can find such demo clip online). IMO, to assume that you can be 6 times faster than your opponent is not realistic. That kind of training doesn't have much combat value at all.

We may all train or give demo like this some point of time in our life. The problem is we may only think from one side point of view and not think from the other side point of view. For example, if you think from your opponent's side point of view,

- Your opponent throws a straight punch,
- you block,
- Your opponent will borrow your blocking force, spin his arm, and hook punch at your head.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah, the OP changed the status since it was originally posted. Maybe he didn't like the reaction he was getting.
If anyone has some questions about it then I will try my best to answer them.
Now I have reread the OP's post. When he said "questions", it's not the same as "suggestions". May be the OP doesn't care much about "suggestions".

Sometime when people put up a clip, he may not care about different opinions. I truly don't understand the purpose of those threads. If a thread is not open for discussion then why start that thread in the first place?

I had put up the following clip before. Someone's comment was, "A fast punch can be pulled back within 1/10 second. Nobody will freeze his punch into the thin air that long and wait for you to use inside crescent kick on it." I agree with that person's comment. A drill (or demo) that show only one side MA skill and assume your opponent can only play defense and not attacking back may look quite "stupid" after all. Today, I just share the same comment with the OP.

Last edited:

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now I have reread the OP's post. When he said "questions", it's not the same as "suggestions". May be the OP doesn't care much about "suggestions".
Yeah, I refrained from offering commentary for that reason. I generally wait until my opinion of a video clip is asked before I give it.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah, I refrained from offering commentary for that reason. I generally wait until my opinion of a video clip is asked before I give it.
You are absolutely right on this. I was wrong to assume that all threads are open for discussion. When I started a thread, I want to put myself into 'listen" mode and try to collect as much different opinions as possible. I have just realized that not everyone think the same way as I do.

When I started my "rhino guard" thread, someone's comment was, "What if your opponent do ...?" I have added his testing method into my "rhino guard" training since then.

Latest Discussions