Time To Brew Some Dit Da Jow

OP
ST1Doppelganger

ST1Doppelganger

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Yes, typically an Indonesian or southern Philippines version with coconut oil!
Well thanks now I need to look in to this stuff lol.

I'm actually going to be purchasing Tom Bisio's book called a tooth from a tigers mouth that is all about jow and Chinese healing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

OP
ST1Doppelganger

ST1Doppelganger

Brown Belt
Reaction score
b5b863acdccffc0a8c6114de956d5a20.jpg

Well my jow turned out pretty decent and I'm going to start brewing a couple more bottles of different formulas.

I've ordered Tom Bisio's book on TCM and have a few other Jow recipes from different sifu that were nice enough to share them with me.

I also am going to brew an Arnica & THC tincture blend that one of my Hispanic friends grandmas shared with me.

My master plan is do a bit of blending with the different formulas and recipes with the THC tincture and see what the results are. (Don't worry the tincture is for external use and I live in a state where cannabis is legal).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Jut

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Guys, have you ever heard it used for skin toughening? That was how it was introduced to us back when. I wouldn't be surprised if was just selling us a bill of goods. No matter, it was still fun.....it just stunk to high heaven.

Vodka? I only drink Grey Goose. Hmmmm, that might be interesting.
Yes, Buka, skin toughening is why I make mine, and it does work. To my knowledge there are 3 types of dit da jow, external toughening, external healing [bruises, etc], and internal healing. People use to think it strange because I rarely bruised so I don't think I ever used the external 'healing' dit, nor the internal dit.

I end my punching sets with two sets of 300 punches on a wall bag [against CBS] with about 80% power. I use the Dit on my 3 knuckles, but also, there are PP's between, so it's important to include it there as well.
I use myrrh in my recipe and one caution I'd give to those wanting to experiment, if you include this, or it is in what you buy, do not put it on a cut or any skin opening, as it is a poison.
And yes.. it reeks! -haha

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That batch turned out great! Really nice.

The current balur I am working on is taking longer than usual but I expect it will be great. This particular recipe has always turned out really well. Most of the times it is a six month process, some times longer. This time it is really taking it's sweet time.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve bought Dit Da Jow from an Amazon seller who brews it in a small facility up in the hills of Saddleworth. It smells great… sort of like Hoisin sauce. Does it do anything beneficial? Let’s just say I now use a NSAID gel instead!

Latest Discussions