Thursday Night in Santa Monica

Rich_Hale

Green Belt
Reaction score
Here is a 80's group photo of a Thursday night class in Santa Monica. It should be easier to pick a few people out of this photo than the one I posted last time. (Now Doc, give everyone else a chance first)

Attachments

• $ThurGrpEP2b_MT.jpg
    $ThurGrpEP2b_MT.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 248

IWishToLearn

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Lemmesee...I can pick out SGM Parker, Rich Hale, eh...the dude in the far back just to the right of SGM looks real familiar but I can't place his name.

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Everyone looks so young. Except you, Rich. You look old. Even then. (I'm gonna get my self a whoopin).

I see Hales. Mohammad to the far left? The guy to the far right is taking himself far too seriously, but hey...it was the 80's. One dude in from far right...Ah, nevermind. Enough free press :)

And the little cutie under Mr. Parkers left arm...I'm thinkin', "Yum"? Can't say as I know her, but may like to ;)

Hating looking at pictures of days when hair was still on heads,

Dave

OP
Rich_Hale

Rich_Hale

Green Belt
Reaction score
Everyone looks so young. Except you, Rich. You look old. Even then. (I'm gonna get my self a whoopin).

Dave

Hummm, aren't you and I going to hook up soon for a couple hours of mat time?

Yes, I think that was our plan for the day after Christmas and that would be in the morning.

I'm so looking forward to seeing you Doctor Dave

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hummm, aren't you and I going to hook up soon for a couple hours of mat time?

Yes, I think that was our plan for the day after Christmas and that would be in the morning.

I'm so looking forward to seeing you Doctor Dave

I...ummm...think I might be busy, or something...something that precludes me from attending my own beatings. Yeah. That's it. Busy. That's the ticket. Gawd, I hate mornings.

Depending on how you drive mountain roads, it's about a 35-45 minute drive. If you wanna grab some coffee before starting over the hill, there's a good brew house in the Calistoga Safeway center on Calistoga and the 12, called "Wolf Cafe". Just bought a 1000 tablet jar of advil; looking forward to the whoopin' (I always learn more after baiting the bear).

Regards,

Dave

PS -- Mr. Hale: I think your presence has been requested at kenpotalk.com. a sister site to martialtalk. You have some unmet friends over there who are interested in your observations and input on techniques and their technical aspects. They have a section called "American Kenpo Insights", for Q&A of kenpo oldsters. Thought I would post and official invitation while I'm still physically capable.

IWishToLearn

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Sometimes Dave...I just get this urge to pummel something...someone...

Glad you had such a good time. Ya lucky bum. :p