Thought I'd post a vid of me.... losing:(

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That was a really great match. The other guy got a break. It could have easily gone the other way though...as you had good position for a good amount of time.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
That was a tremendous match. You should feel good about it. I saw nothing wrong with it. Somebody once told me that you learn more from a loss than a win. I always hated losing, however that was a phenominal match. You are to be congratulated. Afterall you did not lose by a novice.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
congratulations on a great match. It takes courage to post vids of oneslef even more courage when in a loseing effort

OP
Ybot

Ybot

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement. :) This same tournament is comming up soon, and the plan is, if I can get the weekend off from work, to compete again.

I've really worked on my top control since that tournament. I really feel like the match slipped away because I couldn't get good control from the side. If I can go I'll post an updated match or two afterwards, hopefully winning this time.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ybot said:
Thanks for the encouragement. :) This same tournament is comming up soon, and the plan is, if I can get the weekend off from work, to compete again.

I've really worked on my top control since that tournament. I really feel like the match slipped away because I couldn't get good control from the side. If I can go I'll post an updated match or two afterwards, hopefully winning this time.

I'm on dialup so I'm still waiting for the rest of it to load. However; great job! You have great heart in both competing in such an Open AND to post a video of yourself! I have a feeling you're going to be a great asset to Martial Talk!

BTW, folks who liked the video, don't forget you can rate it (five stars!) on Youtube.

Brad Dunne

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Perhaps it was the guy in black standing on the corner or my computer was going fuzzy, but why did you lose? I thought you had more control time and great escapes. Was there a tap out I missed? Whatever happened, your a winner with the folks at MT. Great match. :asian: