This Is A Black Belt School!

OP
G

GouRonin

As Joe Lewis stated, "I was a black belt inside long before I ever strapped one on."

OP
R

Rob_Broad

Originally posted by fist of fury

I know someone that has those belt factory signs pinned up in his school. I'm waiting for him to get his blackbelt so I can challenge him to a friendly test of skills I want to see if he can make me respect his belt and show me he earned it.:D
At this point his ego is pretty big so I'm guessing when he gets his bb his head will get so big it's going to explode.

Fist of fury

Kirk and i discussedand we are waiting for him to get his black belt and then I will come down and spar him in a yellow belt, that will be a quick ego deflater.

OP
R

Rob_Broad

Like I heard someone say a few years ago; "there are alot of really good singers out there...but there's only one Whitney Houston." Like Bobby Brown needs another punching bag!!!:rofl:

OP
F

fist of fury

Originally posted by Bonehead

Fist of fury

Kirk and i discussedand we are waiting for him to get his black belt and then I will come down and spar him in a yellow belt, that will be a quick ego deflater.

LOL I can't wait for that.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kirk

How many of you have "This Is A Black Belt School" or "Make Your
Goal Black Belt" signs, or painted on the wall in your school?
Does anyone know the origin of it? I'm seeing it all over, in
schools where I live, and pictures all over the net. Where'd
it come from?

We have the "This is a Black Belt school" one at the kenpo school I go to, but I've never heard the other one.
Haven't really thought about the meaning though.

:asian:
I will come down and spar him in a yellow belt, that will be a quick ego deflater.

Yeah it will!! I was sparring a orange belt in Jan. and I thought this guy's better than an orange belt. Saw him two months later and he's a purple belt, then saw him saturday and he's a brown belt, in Kenpo, not TKD. I think he must have had rank in some other kenpo organization and just had to learn the curriculum there. Point being, you'll be taken lightly by the Big Head guy and really stomp him bad :rpo:

Roland

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
No has answered where the sayings came from. (???)
Just because people say that Balck Belt is there goal does not make it a 'bad' thing. I look at it this way, any idiot can do this stuff, they just have to be motivated to do so.
I never advoacate 'giving' people their belts, they should have to earn them, but any thing that can motivate them to get off their butts to learn, and work hard, has got to have merit.

:D

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by Roland

I look at it this way, any idiot can do this stuff, they just have to be motivated to do so.

It's like my instructor always says, "Everyone wants to know
martial arts, but not everyone wants to study it. "

OP
F

fist of fury

Originally posted by Kirk

It's like my instructor always says, "Everyone wants to know
martial arts, but not everyone wants to study it. "

I agree many want the bb handed to them nowadays.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You don't know how right you are Kirk.

So many people come in wanting to do karate or TKD or grappling whatever and get all fired up about it. Then when you have them doing things like push-ups, sit-ups and other stuff they bail cause it's hard work. When I trained in TKD I didn't work half as hard to get in shape as I do now.

Seperates the wannabees from the willbees.

:asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hate to contribute to the theme of picking on TKD, but there's one TKD school in town and it's named "Smith's Black Belt Academy" (for a certain value of "Smith"). I know what one studies in an academy of music or an academy of art or a military academy--so, what does one study in a black belt academy? Getting a black belt? The school I'm studying at (JKD/BJJ) is named "Jones' Martial Arts Academy" (for a certain value of "Jones"). I study martial arts there.