This Forum

G

GermanMantis

Tell me you experience with the tiger hook when you learned it:)

OP
7starmantis

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've done a little with it, just basics so far. Its very different! :)

7sm

F

Fumanchu

Are melon hammers a genuine weapon or just a training tool to be applied to using an ax or broad sword?

I don't see why you would want to use a club in battle when you can use a battle ax or broadsword.

Do you know? given that you had learn the melon hammer form?

I

InvisibleFist

On the history channel they showed a fight between an English knight and a scottsman armed with the Scottish war hammer, which is basically the same as the melon hammer.

The Scottsman basically chopped apart the knights shield like kindling and proceded to pound his fancy helmet in!

The fight was staged, of course but it was based on historical sources that spoke of the respect and fear that the english had for the mad northerners that went to war with sledgehammers!

F

Fumanchu

Agreed. Unlike a broadsword or a battle ax, a war hammer has less chance of slipping of a smooth surface like a shield. In the old days, people also grease their shields.

However, you need to be a big boy to do this to armour. Maybe I should go on a diet of haggis like the old days when the scottish were brave and wild.

But more seriously, why did the chinese use 2 hammers at once? I though you would like to weild it with both hands to make each blow really count. As you're not trying to hit the target but move it out of the way, hopefully into another opponent. very useful in a battle field when you want to clear space or break your enemy's formation.

It's not like using 2 broadswords that you're making use of the cutting edge.

Latest Discussions