things that make you go hmmm

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
ive always been a bit open minded to the paranormal, sort maybe, but probebly not, show me then

but of late ive had some really funny things happen, mostly things disapearing and then mostly reapearing in very strange places, a few days or weeks later.

my portable hard drive that was as always pluged into my comp, vanished completely, thhen reappeared in the middle of the livibg room floor,threexweeks later, my shovel went and turned up on top of the wardrobe, my lighter which vanished whilst i was out and about, appeared in the dogs bed and a good few more.

but the one that takes the biscuit, is i bought a new tyre for my bike, put it down on the kitchen floor whilst ii got my bike and it had vaniished, completely, its 29 inches in diiamiter, it not easily mislaid, but its not anywhere, ive looked every where

this has got me considerong the darker reaches of our reality, as i see it, there are three possible explanations, one im far more stoned than i thought and imagined the whole thing,
two, there a rip in the fabric of space time and it slipped in to a worm hole, possibly to reapear in mr dunlops front room, meaning its dispearance is part of the time continuum

or three i have a poltergeist

im favouring number two at the moment, i just hope it pops back into the 21st century soon or il need to buy another one, if i do im not taking my eyes off it for a second

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
seems like a strange topic for you Jobo

OP
jobo

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
so to day i went for a coffee, actually in posession of a mask for once

a large latte please i said

youl have to do test and trace said the nice girl, its the law

ok i said,,

scan this qr code with your phone,

i dont have a phone with me, i said.
do you know what the number is? no
email? no, dont kbow that either,
home phone? no
il give you my adress if you want, we cant accept that because of data protection,

tell you what she said, il just make up an email for you

thats great i said thank you

so i got my coffee 5 mins late and no one was protected, great scheme that only works for the techo kids and not for old foggies like me

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

ok i said,,

home phone? no
il give you my adress if you want, we cant accept that because of data protection,

so i got my coffee 5 mins late and no one was protected, great scheme that only works for the techo kids and not for old foggies like me
It's all about capturing data. If you go into business, then capturing an email is a plus., Mobile phone numbers are a plus as well, From a business perspective, I'm big on the email but not on the phone # unless it's part of membership registration.

I never really got into the QR codes. As a customer, I'm hold my email and my cell phone number very close. .. I take that back. I have a email that I use for junk mail purposes. I pretty much pimp that thing out and run it through the dirt. Sending me email to me with that email is more of a risk for the person I gave the email too. lol.

OP
jobo

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's all about capturing data. If you go into business, then capturing an email is a plus., Mobile phone numbers are a plus as well, From a business perspective, I'm big on the email but not on the phone # unless it's part of membership registration.

I never really got into the QR codes. As a customer, I'm hold my email and my cell phone number very close. .. I take that back. I have a email that I use for junk mail purposes. I pretty much pimp that thing out and run it through the dirt. Sending me email to me with that email is more of a risk for the person I gave the email too. lol.
no it is the law, no phone no/ email no coffee

of course if you do get traced to being in the cafe at the same time as virus carrier , you get a message telling you you have to self issolate for 14 days or face a 10 grand fine, so only a complete lunatic would actual give their correct details

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
no it is the law, no phone no/ email no coffee

of course if you do get traced to being in the cafe at the same time as virus carrier , you get a message telling you you have to self issolate for 14 days or face a 10 grand fine, so only a complete lunatic would actual give their correct details
Yeah that's a tough one for sure.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

I used to have an aol email for exactly that purpose. Then some sites have started claiming that a aol email is not valid/real (I still have access to it so I know it works). Had to make an gmail for spam...then forgot the name and made a second spam gmail..then remembered the first one. So I've got 3 spam emails and one normal one.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I used to have an aol email for exactly that purpose. Then some sites have started claiming that a aol email is not valid/real (I still have access to it so I know it works). Had to make an gmail for spam...then forgot the name and made a second spam gmail..then remembered the first one. So I've got 3 spam emails and one normal one.
ha ha ha.. High Five.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Agreed, that is a rather odd topic for you, going by some... of the discussions we've had :p.

But yes that is bizarre... and annoying about the tyre. I am aware that if you ever dabble in occult practices it can unfortunately open gates up that don't close. I dabbled in my teens and post teen years, and many years later a kinesiologist picked up some opened astral gates on me that he had to close up.

Could be some sorta energy wreaking havoc, who knows! IF it does keep happening and you do feel it's something otherworldly, smudge the house with sage as protection/cleansing. Just look up smudging with sage. Worth a try ;)

Let us know if the tyre turns up!

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ground this energy with the first move in Tai Chi. You have to see it, feel it, put it to the ground.

OP
jobo

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Agreed, that is a rather odd topic for you, going by some... of the discussions we've had :p.

But yes that is bizarre... and annoying about the tyre. I am aware that if you ever dabble in occult practices it can unfortunately open gates up that don't close. I dabbled in my teens and post teen years, and many years later a kinesiologist picked up some opened astral gates on me that he had to close up.

Could be some sorta energy wreaking havoc, who knows! IF it does keep happening and you do feel it's something otherworldly, smudge the house with sage as protection/cleansing. Just look up smudging with sage. Worth a try ;)

Let us know if the tyre turns up!
its supposed to be light hearted not a serious scientific discusion

i had an incantation given me by a " witch" decades ago, it came with the warning that it should only be used in times of great need or i would wear it out , so i used it very sparingly, maybe once every 15 years ir so and it seemed to have the desired effect.

the last time was about 20 years ago.

i was 50 miles from home and took my dog for a walk in a very large park just as it was going dark, i got back to my car to find id lost my keys.

my wallet was in the car, id need to break the wondow to get my wallet, then leave the car over night in an unsupervised car park in a rough area, such that im sure my tools would go as would the battery and wheels, then go home by public transport, smash the 2indow at home as my house keys were also lost

, and i didnt have a spare key for the car, or the house so im going to have to cut all the door locks off,, then get my mexhanical tools, return by public tanspirt cut the steering lock of it , by pass the alarm and ignition immobilizer, to retrieve what was l3ft of my car, all in all, i decided a serious problem worthy of an incarnation or two

so im wandering roubd the park in the pitch dark, saying my incarnation, and i see a bush in the distance and feel a desire to look behind this bush and yes, just behind this bush are my keys

Last edited:

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
its supposed to be light hearted not a serious scientific discusion

i had an incantation given me by a " witch" decades ago, it came with the warning that it should only be used in times of great need or i would wear it out , so i used it very sparingly, maybe once every 15 years ir so and it seemed to have the desired effect.

the last time was about 20 years ago.

i was 50 miles from home and took my dog for a walk in a very large park just as it was going dark, i got back to my car to find id lost my keys.

my wallet was in the car, id need to break the wondow to get my wallet, then leave the car over night in an unsupervised car park in a rough area, such that im sure my tools would go as would the battery and wheels, then go home by public transport, smash the 2indow at home as my house keys were also lost, and i didnt have a spare key for the car, then get my mexhanical tools, return by public tanspirt cut the steering lock of it , by pass the alarm to retrieve what was l3ft of my car, all in all, i decided a serious problem worthy of an incarnation or two

so im wandering roubd the park in the pitch dark, saying my incarnation, and i see a bush in the distance and feel a desire to look behind this bush and yes, just behind this bush are my keys
Ah fair enough hehe.

Fascinating... cool story! Yeah gotta be careful. Maybe the spirit of the witch has come back to shuffle up your house and take your tyre!

OP
jobo

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ah fair enough hehe.

Fascinating... cool story! Yeah gotta be careful. Maybe the spirit of the witch has come back to shuffle up your house and take your tyre!
well yes, the "witch"" in question died very recently just about the time things started moving, so there is that,

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

ok i said,,

home phone? no

That's an odd one. Places like coffee shops and such are limiting the number of folks inside at once, maintaining social distancing, and that kind of stuff. But no scanning of phones. We get take out from time to time, and it's usually just ordering online, zipping in to pick up the food, and that's it. No big deal at all.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I had one situation kind of like you describe above. We lived in a house on the Olympic peninsula in Bremerton, WA for several years. While there, I lost my wallet, which was a real pain in the butt. Two houses and about 8 years later, we had moved and over the years had replaced pretty much every piece of furniture we owned. I noticed our Great Dane had something, and it was that damned wallet... no clue where he could have found it.

OP
jobo

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's an odd one. Places like coffee shops and such are limiting the number of folks inside at once, maintaining social distancing, and that kind of stuff. But no scanning of phones. We get take out from time to time, and it's usually just ordering online, zipping in to pick up the food, and that's it. No big deal at all.
its gone really really silly here, its gone from doing next to nothing to doing an enourmass number of things that have little to no relivance to stopping the spread ,

im seriously begining to think they are just plucking laws at random out of a hat

scotland has barred back ground music in pubs and restaurants, because, well no reason i can think of at all, clearly covid like plants must flourish if it "hears" music

in some places you can go for drink can mingle and converse with people you find there, but cant make an " arrangment" to meet someone there, coz????? though how they kbow such an arrangemeebt was made i have no idea

, their kicking pubs out at 10pm, so peopke are all converging bg on supermarkets to buy more alcohol, that they consume in groups on the street,

really the sillyness is nearly endless

OP
jobo

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I had one situation kind of like you describe above. We lived in a house on the Olympic peninsula in Bremerton, WA for several years. While there, I lost my wallet, which was a real pain in the butt. Two houses and about 8 years later, we had moved and over the years had replaced pretty much every piece of furniture we owned. I noticed our Great Dane had something, and it was that damned wallet... no clue where he could have found it.
thats a good one

similar

we were on our way to a motorbike rally and we stoped in the pitch dark on a deserted lay by for a cigarette

and my brother inlaw noticed his wedding ribg was missing, assuming it came off when he removed is glove, 12 of us did a fibger tip search of the whole area, nothing

so we carried on another 30 miles, pitched the tents, went to the pub and got very drunk, got up had breakfast and took the tents down and under his tent was the wedding ring

the only logican expkination is it was stuck in the cleat of his boot

but that it only fell out immediately where he would see it next day, is in its self strange

OP
jobo

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
and even more similar

my friend had both his wallet and keys disapear at home, he had the place up, nothing, great exspence and in convience later, a year had passed and he said to me do you want this ice cream carton to put nuts and bolts in ? yes i said and opened the carton, which he didnt own a year before and said" are thse yours" handing him his keys and wallet

he also shutts down tills, airport scanners juke boxes in fact most things electronic cease to function when he is in close proximity to them and start again when he leaves, he has to have a wind up watch

Latest Discussions