Things are not always what they seem.

DeLamar.J

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The maternal/ paternal instinct to protect one's child will always win out as well it should. There are too many stories of children being abducted when a parent "just turned around for a second". I know that I'd be out the door looking like a bullet and put myself between child and a yet-to-be determined threating/ helping person.

pstarr

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes, I wouldn't have outright attacked the fellow but I'd certainly want to know what the **** he's doing with my child-

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I had a similar situation happen to me. I was at the Seattle zoo witnessing a child attempting a fully committed bludgeoning of another. The teacher or who ever wasn't paying the least bit of attention. It was only my approach that caused her to jump in between us that she happened to glance and notice the the child beating another with his back pack. I had no discussion with the lady.
Sean

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Problem is that the child was outside by themselves in the first place.

The next problem was one of them should have taken the child and asked the child what happened, this limits the childs reaction to now think they are required to come up with a reason for their parents attacking someone.

Not last nor least, is that if someone swung on me, I may not hit them back, but they would not be swinging again, by being on the ground or checked and facing another direction, and if they were good enough to push and continued to attack I would be forced to take them out. What benefit does this give the child now if one of their parents is hurt or permanently hurt? They were reacting to their feelings and their fears and still not thinking of the safety of the child.

But then again, many believe I am wrong in this, so let them speak their point of view.

Adept

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If I had believed someone to be abducting my child, I would most certainly attack first and ask questions later. It's easy to apologise when the attack is unwarranted, but it's a lot harder to get your kids back when the attack was warranted. It's not something I'd be taking a risk on, however slim.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, I wouldn't have outright attacked the fellow but I'd certainly want to know what the **** he's doing with my child-

Couldn't have said it better...

Latest Discussions