They see you when you're sleeping. They know when you're awake.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hardcore centrism at its finest ;)

:D.

We call it the Liberal Party over here in England :).

Anyhow, chaps and chapesses, I've been a tad upset by Kidswarrior's horrible news and I can't really keep my levity meter on the positive side tonight, so I shall bid adieu and see you all tomorrow.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think I would teach the "little black box" that my "body form" has a striking resemblance to a piece of black electrical tape.

Yep..Or the belly of my Grandson's teddy bear

Aayy-fricken-men!!!
If I want to have someone pull up my favorite shows... it'll be me and nobody else but me! Don't need no steenkin help. Besides like I been saying, I rarely watch commercialized television anyway.

You and I both....I hate it...

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
My plan is to get on "everybody's" list. Conservatives will find me on liberal lists, liberals will find me on conservative lists. I will be publicaly recorded as anti-everything, and pro-everything else. That way no one will know where I really stand.

I realize that I can't avoid being on lists, so I might as well just confuse the hell out of 'em!

As more and more grocery stores in the area started requiring their "courtesy card" or "club card" to get the sale prices on stuff -- and, then, based on your purchase patterns, sent you special offers or coupons... I started being helpful. Guy in line behind me doesn't have the card? No problem. Use mine. Why? So that the bean counter assessing my purchase patterns would have a conniption! :eg:

I still do it. In fact, any one local to me want to swap some club card numbers? :EG:

OP
tellner

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
I still do it. In fact, any one local to me want to swap some club card numbers? :EG:

A local group has been doing that for years and sending the cards to random members on an irregular schedule.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
A local group has been doing that for years and sending the cards to random members on an irregular schedule.

That's a good idea -- anything to corrupt this data.

Also, you can render the card useless, and then give it to the employee. They cannot scan it, and cannot read the numbers, so the card does not work. They will then give you another one. If they prompt you for your phone number, you can lie and say that you didn't have one when you were given the card.

"Oh, here is another one." The next visit -- opps, it does not work (again)!!!

Hahahaha!

I am fortunate to have some "Mom and Pop" stores around that I can buy food at, still, and I only purchase food there.

In the future of course, we will have to all be given an embedded rfid chip under our skin. This will, of course, keep us all very safe from the terrorists.

No?

Wait until another "terrorist attack" happens. One well placed nuke, and you will have the people BEGGING the government to protect them from the mean terrorists. Then, the national id will be a chip embedded into the body, so it will be very safe.
Retail establishments can then use this as their "loyalty card". However, your health insurance company may access the db and see if you are eating any King Dongs. If so, they may have to increase your health insurance bill. But that is okay, it is for our own good.

Also, perhaps cash can be done away with, and all transactions will be electronic. Then more information can be mined.

If anyone is interested in learning more, you may wish to look at this site here:

http://www.nocards.org/

But then again, I may be paranoid.

Just remember this -- the government, and the big corporate entities are certainly not your friends. They do NOT have our best interests at heart. That is for sure!

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
While we are at it, what about google collecting so much data? I use the google search engine, but I like to use the following two plugins to the firefox browser to "make noise in the signal".

If anyone is interested and not yet using these, you can have a look. They make queries to google.com on your behalf. And yes, I connect through my own proxy server, and I have looked at the logs, they do not make queries that make you look like you are researching bomb making or trying to fetch downloads of child pr0n or anything else that may get the federal agents to bang on your door! Hahahahaha!!!

Besides, if there were malicious code here, this is open-sourced code, and reviewed by other programmers.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5986
http://mrl.nyu.edu/~dhowe/trackmenot/

thardey

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

I got a card at Albertson's. The lady asked if I wanted a card. I said "Yes, but I don't have time to fill out the form." She gave me the card anyway, and told me how to sign up online.

Guess what? It works even if you don't sign up!

Latest Discussions