''There are no rules in war''

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
''there are no rules in war!''...I was wondering what are your guys best 'sneeky' techniques you use while fighting/sparring (muay thai)......I know a couple and have experience a couple...droping elbows down into the collar bones,going in for a clinch but then uppercuting that sort of thing.....what about you guys though?and how do you feel about them? do they have no place in the ring are they sneaking and non-sportsmen like or is all fair in a fight??....

Drag'n

Green Belt
Reaction score
I brought up?the idea of using elbows to the collar bone on another forum, just out of curiousity, and really got flamed for it. Made me think about it a bit more responsibly.
There are dirty techs we could use that would imobilise the opponent faster by going for weaker bones, etc. But for me its not so much the winning that counts but how well I fight. Theres no honor in winning by a dirty trick. You're pitting your skill against another to see whos the better fighter. We have rules in place to keep the danger of serious injury as minimal as possible. I think MT is brutal enough without resorting to nastyness. How would you feel if you were on the receiving end?
Of course in a street fight it would be a different. So knowing some tricks isnt a bad idea. Head butts,knee stomps, groin kicks, finger jabs., hits to the back of the head,/ cartoid etc.... combined with your MT skills gives you a very dangerous bag of techs in a fight.

OP
Odin

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah I agree whole heartily,resorting to cheap tactics has no honour for a win but I was thinking that the sharing of such moves we have experienced or even done ourselves would help develop some sort of defence against them after all they don't usually teach them in class.
If I know its a possibility that I would leave myself open for a cheap shot,I want to know how to protect against it.

Slihn

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Odin said:
Yeah I agree whole heartily,resorting to cheap tactics has no honour for a win but I was thinking that the sharing of such moves we have experienced or even done ourselves would help develop some sort of defence against them after all they don't usually teach them in class.
If I know its a possibility that I would leave myself open for a cheap shot,I want to know how to protect against it.

I agree with what you said about cheap tatics having no honor,but yes sharing experiences about that may helpd develop a defense against them.
There was this one tatic that a few students would sometimes use on me in the gym.They would step on my lead foot,then attempt to rush me with left and right straights(punches).I never really develpoed a defense against it though.

Around the time when I use to train in Ninpo Budo Taijitsu,almost all of the tatics where "dirty tatics".When I trained at home with my buddies,it was truely"anything goes(expect for striking the spine or heavy striking to the throat).Striking to the groin,skin tearing,everything was legal(we took care not to seriously hurt each other though) and no protective equipment was worn.We sparred against each other in such a way but, in doing so you realize what and what not to do in a real fight,you realize what technqiues leave you open for dirty tatics(like your testicles being punched,grabbed or twisted or your eyes being gouged) and which ones dont.even though it is not honorable to uses them in the ring,it is wise to be fimilar with them so that if you happen to get into a scramble outside of the ring you wont be dumbfounded.

All and all it is good to be fimilar with both honorable and dirty tatics;you never know what you might be up against outside the ring.

Live your life with honor,but be not nieve to evil.

Latest Discussions