the tsd dobahk, Time for a change?

Master Dave

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Interesting,
This post lives after 2003....its 2007
But my feelings remain the same....Im aware of the scholar unifrom in question...if you locate the picture look at the belt....looks like a sash..

This may be better suited for another topic but...

Dan testings...
TSD holds them in the spring and fall correct? Most TSD schools and Feds do adhere to this...
usually march and september

So did Funakoshi's Shotokan Dan Testings
Correct me if im wrong.....this was in celebration, and the months chosen of Funakoshi Sensei's birth and death
Yet we adapt this also....or did we know?

TSD dobahks? Hanboks?
Wear whats comfortable......but is it wrong or tabu to wear a black top and white bottoms.....or any combination of colors? think what Tang Soo Do translates to.....way of the china hand....same meaning meant for the old Okinawan systems which Funakoshi came from....he was okinawan...but relocated to japan.

Moo Duk Kwan on the other hand was hwang Kees....No One elses's if your a member then Yes....midnight Blue trim dobak....but is TSD a kwan? no.....its a do...a way, a lifestyle.

mjd

Green Belt
Reaction score
What about traditional pants, I wear the elastic waist band, stop wearing those draw string kind 15 years ago.

Allot of us tsd guys wear white with black trim, I don't know why, but it is what my instructor gave me and I am very proud to wear it.

Latest Discussions