The subtle skills of Joe Lewis on YouTube

hugojkd

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Check out the kinetic poetry of Joe Lewis. No wonder so many consider him the greatest heavyweight of all time:

It's hard to appreciate how great the old timers were because of bad film footage, but it's unbelievable who skillful these guys were.

I may not be an expert on anything, but damn it I'll find some way to contribute, even if it's just posting clips like this from YouTube.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Check out the kinetic poetry of Joe Lewis. No wonder so many consider him the greatest heavyweight of all time:

It's hard to appreciate how great the old timers were because of bad film footage, but it's unbelievable who skillful these guys were.

I may not be an expert on anything, but damn it I'll find some way to contribute, even if it's just posting clips like this from YouTube.

Enjoy!

Nice, but I thought you meant Joe Lewis.

Wikipedia: Joe Lewis

OP
H

hugojkd

White Belt
Reaction score
That Joe Lewis was badass, but THE Joe Lewis was a fistic god.

MattNinjaZX-14

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
My personal favorite is Rocky Marciano and his underrated defense clip.

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
lewis was the best counter-puncher the heavyweight division has ever seen, IMO.

marciano is probably my favorite boxer of all time. watch how he rotates his entire body into his punches. it's kind of like watching a rattlesnake uncoil during a strike. his defense was better than he gets credit for, but he got a reputation for having an iron chin for a reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqM_X01BnfA&feature=related

jf

Lee Mainprize

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I like Louis and Sugar Ray Robinson - I think they paved the way for fighters like Mayweather and Roy Jones junior - silky skills!

Latest Discussions