The sads

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Last night was the last night for my MMA gym. The instructor is moving away and closing the doors.

Sucks.

OP
Martial D

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
A few of us plan to get together a few times a week to spar and do kickboxing drills. There's also a riberro bjj (rjj) gym close a few of us are signing up for.

CrazedChris

Green Belt
Reaction score
Oh that sucks. Sorry to hear that, hopefully someone else can open it back.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah sorry to hear bro, sounded like you were really enjoying your training there.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My heart goes out to you, bro. It is so sad when a gym closes.

OP
Martial D

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's not just the training either. It's the people.

Anyway I just went and got a bob today to add to my home setup to console myself :p

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last night was the last night for my MMA gym. The instructor is moving away and closing the doors.

Sucks.
That sucks, man. I went through that when my second NGA instructor shut down the school I'd started at (he'd taken over when my first instructor moved). I got lucky, and one of the associate instructors re-opened in the same spot (actually, next door) 3 months later.

OP
Martial D

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
It was a sort of sudden thing. He explained his reasoning, and it's all understandable. It still blows tho.

The only other games in my area are tkd and bjj. I've never done bjj with a gi on, could be fun.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a sort of sudden thing. He explained his reasoning, and it's all understandable. It still blows tho.

The only other games in my area are tkd and bjj. I've never done bjj with a gi on, could be fun.
Yeah, I think it's tough to pass along a school unless it's planned far in advance and there's an obvious choice for successor...who also has the capital to take on the school.

OP
Martial D

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Found out last night that the assistant coach will be opening up a few days this week. I guess the lease doesn't expire till the end of the month.

At least I'll get some sparring in this week, now that the ribs are mostly healed.

Deafdude#5

Green Belt
Reaction score
Wow! That stinks! At least you’ll get some time in till the end of the month.

Does the Assistant Instructor have any plans to continue or is that it?

Best of luck

Latest Discussions