The Russian Style of Hand-toHand combat by Inc. Aarmacs

A

ahlspiess

Is the book "Russian Style of Hand-to-Hand Combat" by Inc. Aarmacs the best of the Russian Martial art books? I am thinking about buying this book. I hope this is a very good book to read and learn about the Russian Martial Arts.

Jackal

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The concept of “the best” is a tad subjective, but I’ll say it is a worthwhile read. It won’t provide the most important aspect, which is the feel of a Russian martial art, but it will give you a good presentation of efficient movement, concept and technique as compared to other "eastern" martial systems.

OP
R

Rich_

As far as books go, it's a useful training tool. It provides a good (if somewhat flowery :) ) background, and most of the basic theories and principles behind ROSS.

As for videos, I would recommend (and have heard a lot of praise for) Scott's 'Grappler's Toolbox'. I haven't seen any Systema stuff, yet; perhaps one of the posters here can recommend something.

Samurai

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I just bought the book and finished it the same night. It presents many good techniques, priniclpes, and tools. A good book.

thanks,
Jeremy Bays

Arthur

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Its been in my collection for some time... and if something were to happen to it, I'd promptly buy it again.

Arthur

OP
T

twinkletoes

I like it....it's certainly different, compared to most of the martial arts books that I've read.

I will say that some of the explanations for concepts and principles are a little thin, but I'm sure with some in-person demonstration it wouldn't be that bad. The book IS only designed as a sort or primer.

Best,

~TT

NYCRonin

Purple Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree with twinkletoes as this tome's purpose is basic and futher - as my friend Arthur stated - if something were to happen to my copy...I would replace it. As a matter of fact I did that once - and have had to replace Vlaimir's book 3x now. I DONT lend them out anymore!
Dont ask me about the videos - I dont lend them out either - and that is after replacing them to the tune of OVER $500 total.