The Red Belt

gyoja

2nd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never had the occasion to watch it. Come to think of it, I never heard of it. I believe that I was overseas when it came out.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I never had the occasion to watch it. Come to think of it, I never heard of it. I believe that I was overseas when it came out.
I was hoping it would be good. Mamet directed it, and I believe he trained BJJ. Chiwetal Ejiofor is Awesome. But the movie is mediocre.

gyoja

2nd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hoping it would be good. Mamet directed it, and I believe he trained BJJ. Chiwetal Ejiofor is Awesome. But the movie is mediocre.
Thanks for the heads up!

Taiji Rebel

Black Belt
Reaction score
It was a dramatic story with a martial arts element to it. A lot of my MA buddies disliked it as they were looking for more action - I suggested they watch Bloodsport with Van Damme :D

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
It was a dramatic story with a martial arts element to it. A lot of my MA buddies disliked it as they were looking for more action - I suggested they watch Bloodsport with Van Damme :D
Been a long time since I’ve seen it. I recall it was over the top. The plot was a mess. The characters were pretty flat, and I don’t remember exactly, but were all Brazilians dishonest bad guys in the movie? Something like that. And some weird, shoehorned quasi mma fight just sort of tacked on at the end. I’m not curious enough to watch it again, but there were some weird themes in the movie.

It’s not the worst movie. It just wasn’t great.

Latest Discussions