The MartialTalk Project.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In 2001 MartialTalk.com was launched with the goal of being a place for people in WNY to chat about the arts, and fine schools and teachers. It has long since surpassed that simply goal.

Now, approaching our 5th year, I am reminded of another 5 year mission. To celebrate this, I am proud to announce the "MartialTalk Project".

What is it?

The "MartialTalk Project" is an extention and consolidation of several of our projects, combined with several new and exciting ones under 1 heading.

Our goal, is to be a community driven and supported project for the continued archiving, expansion, understanding and training of the martial arts.

In it's opening stages, it is little more than an idea, and an ideal. Over time, it will grow and shine.

Thank you for the past...now, I give you:

http://martialtalk.net

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
good luck with the endeavor.

IMHO, at MT.com, we need more martial arts based discussion and less political, non-MA crap...just an observation.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow - that's incredibly ambitious! I don't have time to look around much, but certainly the intro statement sounds great, and the graphic is awesome - I do love mythical beasties.

green meanie

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sweet! I like it. It freakin' blows my mind that I've been teaching in the western NY area for the last five years and didn't know this has been going on in my backyard the whole time. Sorry it took so long to get here but better late than never I guess. Looking forward to the next MT get together! :)

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, sad thing is they usually get a couple responses and die really quickly. Political topics on the other hand...

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm hoping the site really takes off. Then maybe Bob will quit stalling on raises for the mods... :)

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OnlyAnEgg said:
Hey, wait a second...Bob said I had to pay him!
And we don't want to know exactly how you're paying him... :uhyeah:

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, he said that at the Meet & Greet too, right before he said, "Now pick up that soap, boy!" :waah:

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kreth said:
Yeah, he said that at the Meet & Greet too, right before he said, "Now pick up that soap, boy!" :waah:

I think I'm gonna have to go now.
:barf:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kreth said:
I'm hoping the site really takes off. Then maybe Bob will quit stalling on raises for the mods...

He cut my pension plan recently...and the retiree medical benefits are awful!

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:-offtopic

Ahem....

Alot of people think of MartialTalk as "just a forum". It is a forum, that's true, and a successful one at that. But, my vision is to be much more than that. We've branched out and diversified, and my idea is to continue to do that. To evolve and expand our offerings with our members help.

We are looking for everything.

We need videos for the video library, articles for the magazine, interviews, technique write ups, history, profiles of well known and notable martial artists, and more.

We need entries for the encyclopedia, covering all of the above and more. Everyone is welcome to participate, in fact, we want you to do so. :)

MartialTalk has forced me to reimagine my vision for the site each year since we started. This time, I let my imagination run wild, and the best part is, there is room for everyones visions as well. Spread the word, and bring in the historians, the researchers, the movers and the shakers. We have room for so much, and all we lack is the thoughts and ideas of everyone here.

Lets see just how big we can get in 2006!

Whoooooo! :)

Latest Discussions