The Lighter Side of Martial Arts

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is to help balance out some of the many heated debates that goes on in the discussions here. I hope these videos will put you in a good mood. Videos won't be up long.

Video #1 Me being nice and my sparring partner stuck in point sparring mode (I'm in the black shirt)
In this video I pull all the power from my kick because there's no way I could have extended it without causing serious damage to my sparring partner ribs. I was thinking that he would have realized this and not attacked after I pulled the kick. But I was wrong. I tell ya, young people always have to learn stuff the difficult way lol.
By the way this was light sparring because we didn't have our mouth guard in.

Last edited:
OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Video #2 Fail Fail Fail
Failed on anticipated trap, failed on strike, and failed on defense. Sometimes "my head just isn't in the game."

Video #3 Trading Places
I enjoyed sparring with this guy that day. The entire video is nice because you can see us go back and forth dishing out techniques. Whatever technique I got him with he would return. Great guys to spar with. This is also light sparring.

Video #4 Date with Dit Da Jow

You can't see the actual block kick but you can hear it around the 5 second mark. That's the sound of my forearm hitting his shin. I would have been ok if it was any of the other students, but my sparring partner has shins like a metal pipe. My delayed reaction is because I tried to play it off like it didn't go well, but as you can see that didn't last long. The injury happened because I didn't use the technique that I we were taught to use for blocking the kick. I let my instinct take over so when he kicked my arm naturally went that way. It's a hard lesson learned for me. It took a month for my forearm to heal completely. The injury would have been worse if my forearms hadn't been hard from conditioning.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I will be taking my videos down soon, but these videos are here to stay.