The legalities of knife carry

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Around my neck of the woods it seems to come down to "county". And most counties seem to be different than their neighbors. I never knew anyone that could figure out a legal way to carry their knife of choice throughout the everyday trails of their daily lives. But then, nobody really cared. As a cop, we just followed department procedure.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had a CCW permit for a long time. I also have a couple of automatic knives. My favorite is a Benchmade Autostryker.

Colorado law says these knives are illegal, but allows their carry with a permit. Colorado doesn't issue any permit other than the CCW, which is specifically about guns. So my interpretation, and a couple LEO's I've asked have agreed, is that if you have a CCW, you can carry an automatic knife. As one said "if you're carrying a gun, why would I care what sort of knife you carry?"
Opinions?

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I just wish more states reserved the right to make weapons laws to the state itself. A few do, but there are more where the laws vary from county to county or town to town and it's just plain confusing.

Latest Discussions