The Last Person Thread - 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool!! For a new Stripe or...?? I test in April too!! It will be my 2nd of 5 review tests between 1st and 2nd Dan (officially my 7th keup test) :)

This test will be for 2nd Dan in our Moo Duk Kwan school. It's the same test as the KKW 3rd Dan, plus the palgwae poomsae.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good class this morning. Going to Denver sometime this month to visit with our Kwanjangnim.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's where our Kwanjangnim lives... it's less than 2 hours from my house to his, and there's a fabulous Korean restaurant near him. :D

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just got home from the "Winter Warm Up Invitational TKD Tournament" in Bloomington, MN

Forms - Gold
Sparring - Gold
Breaking - Bronze

...and back to the homework... :)

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
So, licking my wounds today after the tournament yesterday.. .

.2 points off of 3rd place in forms.. . tough to place in adult black belt forms.. .

2nd place in adult black belt weapons

went out in the 2nd round in mens black belt heavy weight sparring. Got punched in the throat pretty good, and now I'm pretty sure I have whiplash, haha! and to top it off, I also partially dislocated my thumb in that round.

On the plus side, one of my black belts got 3rd place in the mens black belt light weight sparring division, and it was his first time in the adult division. I'm very proud!

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Nice to see a master like yourself compete, Dr. Rush.

I'm getting ready for my own 3rd dan test in about a year, as well as getting a former student ready for 2nd and two more ready for 1st. Nice to teach a bit and not have to worry about the whole picture.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
First session back to Iai after a long lay-off dealing with other real life things - felt good to have a sword in my hand again.

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Nice to see a master like yourself compete, Dr. Rush.

I'm getting ready for my own 3rd dan test in about a year, as well as getting a former student ready for 2nd and two more ready for 1st. Nice to teach a bit and not have to worry about the whole picture.

I love to compete, I just don't shrug it off like I used to.. . Moving a little slow today, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions