The Last Person Thread - 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Morning Terry and Brian...So much going on in my personal life that I have not been here much..When all is said and done I will post about it...

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm blocked out of work this morning because of tech troubles. The irony is that I'm now getting paid to web surf while I sit around waiting for the gearheads to call. Of course since I work from home, this means I'm also getting paid to wash my dishes and commune with the dawg as I blast my stereo.

:dramaqueen:

Joab

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Must be nice Flea, my fellow black belt in martialtalk.com. I think this belt thing in martialtalk.com is kind of silly. Awarding belts by the number of posts one writes, it makes no sense to me.

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
Speak for yerself, Joab. I've been carefully crafting my emails since my earliest prenatal jabs. Each syllable an invisible poison dart waiting for something to set it off. Expertly wielded pixels of death!! :rolleyes: :lol2:

Joab

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Speak for yerself, Joab. I've been carefully crafting my emails since my earliest prenatal jabs. Each syllable an invisible poison dart waiting for something to set it off. Expertly wielded pixels of death!! :rolleyes: :lol2:

Lots of laughs on that one Flea, my wife thought the icons were cute!

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thanks. Speaking of cuteness, I painted my toenails tonight. In honor of the season I used "Autumn Leaves," with a layer of pink glitter over top. I'm not usually one to gussy myself up; it must be the stress of moving.

At least I know that now, come what may, I can face my uncertain future with purty toes.

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
I had the realtor in the other day to give me some final pointers in getting this place ready to show, and he said that I'm practically tripping over the finish line. What a nice surprise!

Of course, that was until the fokkin contractor stood me up last night to install the new kitchen floor. There's no way I can show a place with filthy plywood underfoot. And I can't move the last of my crap into storage until he helps me carry some old furniture out to the curb. :tantrum: I've already put out calls to a couple other contractors, but I'm giving him one more chance to contact me tonight.

The place is beautiful, but it's starting to feel a little like a hotel. I've never sold a home before, so excuse me if I seem a little wide-eyed. I'm sooooo stressed, but as results become visible it's turning into a pleasant stress. I just want it to be over with.

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thanks hon. I may give him another chance today; the boss offered me a chance to log off work early.

Am I being unreasonable here? I wouldn't mind him dragging his feet a little if he just called to keep me informed. I could work with that. But I've been sitting by the phone like a debutante just for the sake of the job. I shouldn't have to do that.

:BSmeter:

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
He stood me up again!!

:eek:verkill:

When I reached him on the phone this afternoon he handed me some dog and pony show about how he misplaced his phone. "Okay, I'll see you at 6:30 tonight!" I guess I should blame myself for being a sucker. A friend came over and helped me move furniture (I'd been waiting on the contractor for that,) and I baked him some lemon bars in return. So the evening wasn't a total loss. I'm just not looking forward to having to start from scratch taking bids again. What a nuisance.

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
I managed to catch up with my friend at the hospital tonight. He looked like death warmed over; he said they gutted him (my words) and found gangrene in his colon?!? I didn't know such a thing was possible. For some reason he's refusing all painkillers.

After taking leave of my friend I found I had time to make the last of my Systema, the final half hour of a 2 hour class. One of my classmates gave me some self-righteous crap about being late. Good grief! I don't know why people think it's okay to act like that. It goes without saying I offered him no explanation. If the teacher had asked I would have told him, but he's very circumspect.

Normally I move mountains in order to get to class, but family has to come first. I'll miss all the Systema I have to in order to see him through.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good Morning All...I am back....I have finally been approved for my disability retirement..Now comes the waiting for the checks..

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Drac how is everything? I mean long time no hear? The LPT is all but dead these days, the old crew has left the building like Elvis. Glad things are getting better for you, me my life is upside down with family and personal problems.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Drac that is great!
icon14.gif
Glad to hear that things are looking up for you.

As for me I am just getting over a 24 hour flu bug.
icon9.gif

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Drac how is everything? I mean long time no hear? The LPT is all but dead these days, the old crew has left the building like Elvis. Glad things are getting better for you, me my life is upside down with family and personal problems.

Hey Drac that is great!
icon14.gif
Glad to hear that things are looking up for you.

As for me I am just getting over a 24 hour flu bug.
icon9.gif

Thanks guys...Yeah Terry things here have been real upside down too..I have not recieved a paycheck in about a year.. I was still working part time to supplement my wife salary until about a month ago..One of the conditions of an LE disability retirement is NO POLICE work..So I have had to seek employment in another sector...

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks guys...Yeah Terry things here have been real upside down too..I have not recieved a paycheck in about a year.. I was still working part time to supplement my wife salary until about a month ago..One of the conditions of an LE disability retirement is NO POLICE work..So I have had to seek employment in another sector...

I am soory to hear no more law enforcment for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions