The inspiration thread: The Self-Isolation training of Sosai Mas Oyama

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ah sorry to hear things are still quite challenging... but that's so awesome to hear, and I found it very helpful and still having a nice community feel to train with people online. Meeting people I'd never had the chance to and making genuine friends too. And even though some see online training as pointless, I've made massive improvements on many levels.

That being said, we've (our whole state) only just gone into a very hard 5 day lockdown just last night, very sudden and unexpected but necessary..

Thanks so much for sharing that, love hearing what others are doing to keep training :)

And yes, you take care and stay safe too brother
they are now threatening to ''unlock us'' progressively, some time between next week and the middle of June thats June the 6th month, so 4 flipping months away. and that's only if we are good, bad behaviour will cause it to be extended, possibly indefinitely, coz naughty children must be punished

to start off with they will decriminalise all the things that most people were ignoring anyway, like out door mixing, so no net gain

the government keeps denying that those who refuse the vaccine will be punished by having freedoms denied, so that looks quite likely or they wouldn't have bother saying, there are movements to prevent the unvaccinated from gaining employment and possibly dismissing people,

i suspect the vaccination is voluntary ethos will soon come under pressure, the being tested is voluntary is all ready being pushed, with blitz( funny how they picked that word) door to door testing for some variants

Last edited:
OP
_Simon_

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm sure you know, but make sure you don't end up injuring your shoulder more-that can live with you for a while. And even doing things with your right arm/body can aggravate it sometimes, since even if it's not making impact you still might be torquing your shoulder back.

Yeah for sure, appreciate it. Yeah it's something that comes back every once in awhile, although not too frequently, just tweaks sometimes. That's a good point though! Will keep that in mind. I kept my arm up against my body for most of it.

It's hard fitting in all the things I need to rehab XD. But the shoulder is a little better today.

Last edited:
OP
_Simon_

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
they are now threatening to ''unlock us'' progressively, some time between next week and the middle of June thats June the 6th month, so 4 flipping months away. and that's only if we are good, bad behaviour will cause it to be extended, possibly indefinitely, coz naughty children must be punished

to start off with they will decriminalise all the things that most people were ignoring anyway, like out door mixing, so no net gain

the government keeps denying that those who refuse the vaccine will be punished by having freedoms denied, so that looks quite likely or they wouldn't have bother saying, there are movements to prevent the unvaccinated from gaining employment and possibly dismissing people,

i suspect the vaccination is voluntary ethos will soon come under pressure, the being tested is voluntary is all ready being pushed, with blitz( funny how they picked that word) door to door testing for some variants

Yeah.. sorry man it sounds really tough over there.

I know it's probably not the way you'd like to reframe it, but dunno about the naughty children being punished perspective hehe. Yeah we had similar settings and eventually came out of it, some were saying our state's was the harshest lockdown/rules in the world which I'm not sure about... but in the end it worked. And it's a constant game of improving all the measures... contact tracing has to be spot on, hotel quarantine etc... so hoping they get on top of it where you are.

Yeah it's a tricky issue regarding voluntary/mandatory vaccine... and unsure whether they affect transmissability or just severity of illness if you do catch it which would make a difference in whether it should be mandatory..

Take care of yourself alright man.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah.. sorry man it sounds really tough over there.

I know it's probably not the way you'd like to reframe it, but dunno about the naughty children being punished perspective hehe. Yeah we had similar settings and eventually came out of it, some were saying our state's was the harshest lockdown/rules in the world which I'm not sure about... but in the end it worked. And it's a constant game of improving all the measures... contact tracing has to be spot on, hotel quarantine etc... so hoping they get on top of it where you are.

Yeah it's a tricky issue regarding voluntary/mandatory vaccine... and unsure whether they affect transmissability or just severity of illness if you do catch it which would make a difference in whether it should be mandatory..

Take care of yourself alright man.
well that was unusually insightful of me, since i typed that the government has admitted they are looking into vaccination'' pass ports''' to be able to access society

they are of course completely incapable of organising it, but that wont stop them trying

non of the vaccines are sterile vaccines, that means they dont stop you from catching, breeding and passing on the virus, they do alleviate some symptoms. which means you need somewhere between 70 and 90 % take up to control the spread such as it isnt a pandemic,

so far about 2 million ( circa 10%) very high risk ( the over 70s and serious health complaints) have declined the vaccine, i think it may be even less popular with those at only negligible risk

Last edited:
OP
_Simon_

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
well that was unusually insightful of me, since i typed that the government has admitted they are looking into vaccination'' pass ports''' to be able to access society

they are of course completely incapable of organising it, but that wont stop them trying

non of the vaccines are sterile vaccines, that means they dont stop you from catching, breeding and passing on the virus, they do alleviate some symptoms. which means you need somewhere between 70 and 90 % take up to control the spread such as it isnt a pandemic,

so far about 2 million ( circa 10%) very high risk ( the over 70s and serious health complaints) have declined the vaccine, i think it may be even less popular with those at only negligible risk

Yeah fair enough... one thing I'm seeing is that it's hard to see it as a black and white issue whether people should get the vaccine. I will be, but I can understand some perspectives as to why they won't. I don't think it's 100% selfish if you don't get it like some may view it.. it's a tricky topic.

Anyways off topic, but I don't mind, always here to listen