The Feminine Side of the Marines

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As to the distance - 750 is difficult, but not implausible. It is a hell of a shot for a standard rifle, but for a sniper rifle, really not that bad. The maximum range of the Barrett is 1800m.....Now the falling on his own device stuff....that's pretty far out there.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
But - to defend my service - Air Force cops are damn good. They get a lot of training to do their daily job and run a lot of convoys and combat missions now.

The Servers at the local pancake house (of which I am one) disagree. They fight for there tables, but only because they tend to tip a little better then civies. Most of them make unreasonable requests, and they leave a HUGE mess. We have a love-hate relationship with the Airforce. I refuse to serve any Airman under E-5, since they tend to be more relaxed with there orders, and tend to clean up for us. Your junior enlisted men are, well, I've spoken my peace.

Unless things have changed since my days as a jarhead, they qualify at 200, 300, and 500 yds using iron sights. And don't even get me started on the doggies. Don't they get a grenade medal for tossing one without killing themselves? :p

We've added to the requirements under General Conway (I beleive he was the one who added to the requirements). We now have 4 tables of shooting, Pogs have to qual on table one and two. What you know is Table One (also called KD, 'Known Distance'). Table Two (aka 'Combat Shooting') is a series of close range drills from a combat standing and combat kneeling target, going from 50 meters/yards followed by a moving target in combat prone from 100 yards/meters. Grunts add table three (more combat shooting), which includes facing drills and firing while moving. I don't know what Table Four is, but I think it's more like spec ops stuff (supposedly including night shoots and MOP gear).

And yes, We still use Iron Sights, and Yes we still use M16A2s to qual (my company just got back from the range, we used A2s)

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
same here; at 500yrds i just put my front site post on the target & hoped for the best. couldn't even see the bullseye.

now at the 200 rapid fire, i almost always scored a possible. my marksmanship coach said i had a weird style. i'm actually more accurate if i pull the trigger rather than squeeze it.

jf