The Enigma DVD by Paul Vunak

vigeoro

White Belt
Reaction score
I have The Enigma. Well worth the $100.

How does the Enigma compare to his JEET KUNE DO FOR REAL COMBAT 5-disk series?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I have The Enigma. Well worth the $100.

How does the Enigma compare to his JEET KUNE DO FOR REAL COMBAT 5-disk series?

I don't know anything about either. But welcome to MartialTalk, vigeoro. :)

vigeoro

White Belt
Reaction score
JKD The Enigma: Well worth the $100. It is a barebones intro/compilation of his life's work. In many ways, it is almost like training live with him in that he covers much the same material; that I say from experience.

In TE he stresses that ideally you want the footwork and distance management of the boxer, the interceptions, destructions, and reflexes of Kali, the trappings and straight blast of Wing Chung and Sprinting, the terminations of Muay Thai's elbows, knees and headbutts, the cat-like reflexes and attributes of Kali and Escrima (defanging of the snake) and the keypoints knowledge of Gracie Jiu Jitsu blended intelligently with KinoMuTai.

That is it in a nutshell.

I am of 2 minds when he says that TE makes his previous videos obsolete: Yes I agree that TE is a streamlined version of his previous work: It is purely the down and dirty techniques that will win you an ugly street fight. What I like about his previous work though is that much of it is spent in developing attributes.

In a sense I have adopted and modified much of his philosophy to suit my needs: I train Karate for fitness, balance, coordination, aerobics, strength, and attribute development; Gracie Jiu Jitsu for the brain and familiarization with ground fighting, and JKD The Enigma for self-defense.

I highly recommend you practice TE prior to training with Mr Vunak if you so choose to train with him one-on-one. For me both were money well spent

Cheers.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like watching Paul on YouTube. He has some interesting ideas, but I would not plunk down $200.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was given this copy a while back for participating in a JKD demonstration. I don't know how much this goes for, but it's well worth whatever Paul is asking.
IMG_0416.JPG