The End - Blog Post

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
They think they figured this out. The scar tissue is preventing the knee cap from sliding like it should when I straighten and bend it. Hey, it's a start. Now to loosen up the knee cap.....which to me is kind of creepy

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
They think they figured this out. The scar tissue is preventing the knee cap from sliding like it should when I straighten and bend it. Hey, it's a start. Now to loosen up the knee cap.....which to me is kind of creepy

Do you know how to loosen up a knee cap?

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Do you know how to loosen up a knee cap?

Yup, the showed me how..

Basically you take hold of it and move it around.
Apparently they slide over the joint when we bend our knees and mine isn't due to the scar tissue.
So I now have a lot of exercises and whenever I am sitting down I should move the knee cap (that is the creepy part for me) and before I stand I should massage the quads, extend the leg and...manually move the knee cap around a little bit

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

I heard a knee slapper once.
I skipped my knee cap right across the pond....
(it's one of the jokes the undead ladies of World of Warcraft tell)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yup, the showed me how..

Apparently they slide over the joint when we bend our knees and mine isn't due to the scar tissue.
So I now have a lot of exercises and whenever I am sitting down I should move the knee cap (that is the creepy part for me) and before I stand I should massage the quads, extend the leg and...manually move the knee cap around a little bit

I'm on my way out the door right now. But later I'll PM you and tell you what was taught to me by a kinesiologist about another way to loosen it. Works great for us.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah that makes alot of sense! I actually do that a bit (the patellar moving around/shaking exercise) to loosen it up, hoping it helps Xue!

I think it's possible to break up scar tissue... don't hold me to it haha, but I heard it's doable

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's right, I did (and still do parts of it) this routine a bit for awhile, particularly the first exercise might be of use for you, it helps break up adhesions and scar tissue, but it's probably similar to what you're doing now, just sharing it along!

(Eric Wong has an amazing resource of videos for recovery from injury, worth checking out!)

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That's good news

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yup, the showed me how..

lol.. That's creepy for you? How about this. I used to play with my knee cap like that all the time as a kid and teen. N As a kid I would do and creep my friends out. It was good for some laughs. As a teen it was just something I did from time to time when my knees felt rusty. But I haven't done it since I stopped doing competitive running.

Hopefully the body will be able to repair a little of the scar tissue. Did they recommend a specific diet to help with that or is permanent scar tissue?

Latest Discussions