The difference between the Villasin style and Teovels Balintawak

OP
M

manhattan1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Good evening!

I am Jhun Go, Secretary of WOTBAG (World Original Teovel's Balintawak Arnis Group).

I have seen the video between you and your Grandmaster. In my experience as a Martial Artist,there are lots of ways of teaching the Art. But when I watched your video and listened to your conversation, I am very sorry to tell you that I was not impressed by the way your Grandmaster was teaching you. As an enthusiast of Martial Arts, we should always give respect to other martial artists rather than saying and giving negative comments on them, especially thru emails and posting of videos. We all have our own preferences and style. And its also good to promote them but promoting them at the expense of the other is not ideal and very improper.

In behalf of the Velez' brothers and the members of Wotbag, I would like to invite you and your Grandmaster, Mr John Villacin to a meeting for us to know each other well. Because in your video,I noticed that there were lots of errors shown that need to be corrected, in order for you to know our group better. In this meeting, we will be able to explain to you on how we created our group and promoted our own style in a very pleasant manner. I would also suggest that we will meet at the Cebu Ayala Business Park.

Please be informed also that our Treasurer-Master Oliver Mag-uyon has been waiting for you at the same place for the last two (2) days. He, too had seen your video.

Kindly give me your reply as to your availability.

Thank you.

Thanks for the invitation, but we are busy.......

Sincerly yours,

Jan Jensen
http://www.fma-arnis.dk

samson818

White Belt
Reaction score
Its pretty amusing to watch people argue about what is correct, who has the definitive lineage, or the minute differences in a basic flow drill.

Its even funnier when someone gets called out after all their raves and rants about the superiority (guised as originality) of their training methods.

Actually, I admire Jensen's enthusiasm in promoting his art and his teacher. We need more people like him promoting Balintawak.
He just needs to experience things outside his little fishbowl.

Balintawak is Balintawak.
Everyone has their own unique methods.
Learn your art, be the best you can be, and aim to unite the Balintawak family. Dont be the petulant child who barks and cries and causes familial strife.

bobby taboada

White Belt
Reaction score
thanks for the invitation, but we are busy.......

Sincerly yours,

jan jensen
[url="http://www.fma-arnis.dk"]http://www.fma-arnis.dk[/url]

hi jan,

it is not our balintawak tradition to refused a friendly invitation, find a convenient time for you and john to come and reply or post back. This is the way how to correct this whole arguments. It is not too far to go to ayala park, only maybe 15 to 20 minutes. I myself is very very busy,also i live in america but, i will find a time to meetyou guys this november. Deffinately. Sorry for my speeling thanks.

Gm bobby taboada

OP
M

manhattan1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Good evening!

I am Jhun Go, Secretary of WOTBAG (World Original Teovel's Balintawak Arnis Group).

I have seen the video between you and your Grandmaster. In my experience as a Martial Artist,there are lots of ways of teaching the Art. But when I watched your video and listened to your conversation, I am very sorry to tell you that I was not impressed by the way your Grandmaster was teaching you. As an enthusiast of Martial Arts, we should always give respect to other martial artists rather than saying and giving negative comments on them, especially thru emails and posting of videos. We all have our own preferences and style. And its also good to promote them but promoting them at the expense of the other is not ideal and very improper.

In behalf of the Velez' brothers and the members of Wotbag, I would like to invite you and your Grandmaster, Mr John Villacin to a meeting for us to know each other well. Because in your video,I noticed that there were lots of errors shown that need to be corrected, in order for you to know our group better. In this meeting, we will be able to explain to you on how we created our group and promoted our own style in a very pleasant manner. I would also suggest that we will meet at the Cebu Ayala Business Park.

Please be informed also that our Treasurer-Master Oliver Mag-uyon has been waiting for you at the same place for the last two (2) days. He, too had seen your video.

Kindly give me your reply as to your availability.

Thank you.

GM. John Villasin told me to say, he is busy and i dont think its me you like to meet?

But after seeing both GGM. Velez style and Villasin style, i can tell you they are different....
Villasin Style makes it easy on a student and leaves out the element of danger, if you ask Henry Jayme when i showed it to him he liked GGM. Velez better for that very reason.....

I think its a matter of taste, no style is better or wrose then the other......Both are good in my mind!

But if you and your friends still like to meet me, then i live in Liloan now. Come here at our Guardians Chapter in:

PGBI Liloan.
Villa Theresa Subd.
Bagon Dan, Yati, Liloan

Then we can meet, but from what i was told that invite was not really to me, but the Grandmaster of Villasin style.

OP
M

manhattan1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
hi jan,

it is not our balintawak tradition to refused a friendly invitation, find a convenient time for you and john to come and reply or post back. This is the way how to correct this whole arguments. It is not too far to go to ayala park, only maybe 15 to 20 minutes. I myself is very very busy,also i live in america but, i will find a time to meetyou guys this november. Deffinately. Sorry for my speeling thanks.

Gm bobby taboada

You are right, but i was told not to meet you guys by my Grandmaster....... :(

Latest Discussions