The Craziest Taekwondo Fight I've EVER Seen

HighKicker

White Belt
Reaction score
I mean how are these 2 people still standing? They should've been knocked out dead long ago!
I can learn so much from them, the stability, stamina, the focus, the sharpness and the force.

Enjoy and leave a comment! :D

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps because they aren't touching each other? Nice choreography though.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I mean how are these 2 people still standing? They should've been knocked out dead long ago!
I can learn so much from them, the stability, stamina, the focus, the sharpness and the force.

I don't think it was choreographed but it wasn't hugely brutal I've seen much more brutal fights than that a lot of those kicks missed. I mean the ones that landed were hard but since these 2 were trained they'd be conditioned to take a bit of pain. Most of it were just sweep takedowns. The head kicks were quite hard but nothing that looked life threatening as most were hitting with the foot not the shin. Don't get me wrong getting kicked with a foot isn't fun getting a shin in the face is way worse.

Also you want to learn the force? Go find obi wan kenobi. Sorry lol couldn't resist

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, it was still not much of a fight, flashy and maybe some hits landed, but nothing other than a nice video. I wouldn't say near misses as much as pulled.
It's a nice video ad for a video channel of all sorts of things.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score

They aren't the same people, this is a highlight reel with competitors wearing the same uniforms.

OP
H

HighKicker

White Belt
Reaction score
Nah, it was still not much of a fight, flashy and maybe some hits landed, but nothing other than a nice video. I wouldn't say near misses as much as pulled.
It's a nice video ad for a video channel of all sorts of things.
Okay champ.
They aren't the same people, this is a highlight reel with competitors wearing the same uniforms.
Daaaamn you're right! Didnt notice haha

Hyoho

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Okay champ.

Daaaamn you're right! Didnt notice haha
This is not full contact. Punches and kicks require depth to do any damage. Maybe too much sparring without contact results in this sort of thing.

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score

Thanks for the post - I enjoyed it.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
This is Sanda not TKD, several slappy ax kicks but those side and spinning hook kicks weren't pulled.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As others have noted, this is a highlight reel of multiple Sanda matches. The clips included were apparently selected for the moments when a flashy kick or takedown was executed, regardless of whether the kick actually connected. If you were to watch the full individual fights that the clips were selected from you would find them to be less visually dramatic overall.

This is not full contact. Punches and kicks require depth to do any damage. Maybe too much sparring without contact results in this sort of thing.

That is definitely full contact. Sanda competition is not point fighting. There was at least one knockout on the clip and multiple instances where a hard shot landed and did some damage. There were also a lot of misses (mostly because the opponent moved to avoid the kick), but as I mentioned the clips were selected for moments of flash not for moments of maximum impact.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This clips are from a Chinese martial arts tv show where they do full competitions that focuses more on the skills of the martial artist and not their ability to knock someone out. If you watch the video of the full fight you will see that they aren't trying to knock each other out. This is how it is with all of the fights from that show. If anything these guys show really good control and techniques .

The matches are full contact with the exception of the chest piece that they are wearing and the little padding that they have, but I wouldn't call it a full contact fight. If anything this would be more like a high intensity level of sparring, which is still dangerous and can still result in injury and knockout.

Hyoho

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
And as usual a YouTube is responded to with ..........another YouTube :yawn::yawn::yawn:

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
And as usual a YouTube is responded to with ..........another YouTube :yawn::yawn::yawn:
I added the video as a reference and not a response. Now you don't have to guess which show I was referring to.

Hyoho

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Reference/response whatever it's still another YouTube. My reference was based on doing full contact and frequent visits to the hospital, win or lose. I know a fight when I see one.

Latest Discussions