The Blame Game

Mark L

Brown Belt
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
We do not know how (or even if) the 9 members of the United States Supreme Court voted. But we do know that it was a 5 - 4 decision to stop the counting of the votes in Florida.

Even if repeated to the point of regurgitation, this remains fact.
It is aslo a fact that Bush won election to the Presidency by vote of the electoral college, which is the only way to gain that office.

OP
M

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Mark L said:
It is aslo a fact that Bush won election to the Presidency by vote of the electoral college, which is the only way to gain that office.

That is a causation. If the Supreme Court did not stop the counting of votes, the votes of the electoral college might have been different.

And there are several other ways to gain that office.

Does the name Gerald Ford ring a bell?

How about Andrew Johnson?

Mark L

Brown Belt
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
That is a causation. If the Supreme Court did not stop the counting of votes, the votes of the electoral college might have been different.

And there are several other ways to gain that office.

Does the name Gerald Ford ring a bell?

How about Andrew Johnson?
The contention of the Florida votes was settled through the legal avenues put in place to resolve those and other conflicts. The fact that you don't happen to agree with the decision or the consequent outcome doesn't render the election invalid. And it is not strictly a causation, those casting votes within the electoral college are not bound by the popular vote within their respective states. If they felt the will of the Floridians had been usurped by the Supremes they had every right to turn the tide in favor of the democrat. Clearly, they did not.

Yes, Michael, I am aware of the other avenues. I guess I need to be more careful about what I type, but I thought it was pretty clear we were talking about Bush seeking an open office, not trying to fill one vacated before term expiration. But I'll bet you knew that.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
oh, wait ... her national guard was deployed to Iraq.
Yes, there were no national guard troops in LA. What were we thinking! :rolleyes:
;)

shesulsa said:
Well I stand by two opinions I have previously stated on this issue:
:idunno: hehe

7sm

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jeff Boler said:
For those of you that missed it....Michaeledward doesn't like the president, and will go to great lengths to blame him for everything from the Gulf War, to the break up of David Lee Roth and Van Halen.

I don't support the President on a number of issues. However, these people go to great lengths to create conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory. To use the Huffington Post and Michael Moore as talking points, is about the same as me using Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock to argue science.

Look...you want to change things? Come up with an agenda, show the American people a BETTER way of doing things, and then run on that platform during the next election. But the hatred, bashing, etc just makes the party look even more rediculous.

It's time for you guys to realize that impeachment is simply something that is not going to happen. You don't have the votes. So why not turn all of that anger into a platform that will get you elected?

I disagree with something you said.

One can argue science from Kirk and Spock, but nothing from Mr. Moore. Well that is my opinion of him at least. He plays his opinion off as science and fact, and then makes a personal agenda movie, and calls it fact while he reacts the same way when he is caught off guard with a qustion he is not ready to handle or answer from someone in the crowd, when he is in front of the press.

Sorry for being off topic, just had to comment.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
7starmantis said:
shesulsa said:
Well I stand by two opinions I have previously stated on this issue:
:idunno: hehe

7sm
:whip:Heh heh - Cold meds, what can I say? :ultracool

OP
M

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Today, we read this ... ... ...

George Barisich, president of the United Commercial Fisherman's Association, has been selling anti-FEMA T-shirts since last fall, a reflection of his frustration with the federal government's response to the storm that left him homeless and unemployed.

So, he's a little disappointed in the response of the Federal Emergency Management Authority during and after a Federal Emergency. No surprise there.

he handed a shirt to a fellow Katrina victim as he was picking up canned goods at a charity's relief tent,

It seems that he is being charitable, and good humored, as he gives away one of his T-Shirts.

He was cited by a group of Homeland Security officials for selling a T-shirt on federal property - in this case, near a FEMA center in the parking lot of a Wal-Mart in Chalmette, La.

Say, What ?

"If we ignored this violation, you could have potentially 20 to 30 people standing out in front of the (FEMA) center, obstructing things," says Dean Boyd, a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) spokesman. "We've got a duty and a job under the law."

He's kidding, right?

Barisich says he intends to fight the $75 ticket in court

A fine ... for giving away a t-Shirt ... get out of here.

Barisich says he was ticketed after six DHS officers gathered at his truck.

Wait a second, it was Department of Homeland Security officers gathering around Mr. Barisich, and he gets a ticket from FEMA because of a gathering of six people looking at his T-Shirt ....

Words can not describe the stupidity of this.

Flooded by Katrina! Forgotten by FEMA! What's Next, Mr. Bush?"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/femacriticsshirtgetshimtangledupinticket

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What exactly is the topic of this thread, or is it simply a "bash bush" thread?

7sm

OP
M

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
7starmantis said:

7sm

Shortly after Hurricane Katrina, the White House, through spokesperson Scott McKlellan, and a number of other sources said, repeatedly; "Now is not the time to play 'The Blame Game'."

Time has passed.

And now, we are hearing that .. "A White House spokesman said that President Bush was now focused on the future, not the past."

from Harry Shearer

Perhaps Tuesday the WH press corps will . . . ask Scott McClellan: Since the President said right after the disaster that that was no time for finger-pointing or the blame game, that blame could be assessed later, and he now says he's not focused on the past, just when did the Katrina "moment of accountability" occur, and how did we miss it?

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
7starmantis said:

7sm
Of course not. You heard Frist. Only evil traitors do that.

Latest Discussions