The Bergdahl situation reeks...

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
By now, we've all seen the news about Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl being "released" from Taliban custody, in exchange for 5 high ranking Taliban officials, who were freed from Guatanamo Bay, and released into Qatarian custody.

The initial waves of news claimed that Bergdahl was a hero who was finally freed through the workings of President Obama and co, along with showing many a scene from his home town in Idaho.

Now that the initial hype has faded, are we facing a case of buyer's remorse? After all, it's been shown that Bergdahl was a deserter, and that he's hardly the hero that Obama, Reid, and Susan Rice claimed he was.

Bowe Bergdahl left letter at Afghan base saying he'd left 'to start new life' | Mail Online

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/03/u...ho-pow-vanished-angered-his-unit.html?hp&_r=1

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
As I commented in the other thread, there is too much I don't think I know. I have a feeling all isn't good with this, but have to reserve myself somewhat until I am better convinced.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would have many questions on the mans activity during the years he supposedly was a "prisoner".

With the reports of his being a deserter how can the military consider promoting him until all question have been answered.

How closely will he be watched for possible terrorist activity in the future.