That yellow and red thing

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, with the messed up pictures from the canoe trip that had the boy scouts look like a rave party, I am a bit conscious about the color value.

Seems the canon under regular circumstances brightens certain hues to the point of making them look reflective (or is that the content of blueing in regular detergent?)

should I use a filter when I anticipate running into red clad people (likely since a lot of schools have red as color...)

From tonight, under neon light (fluorescent bulbs, I know) with flash - I think.
017.jpg

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You don't need a filter but try practicing with different white balance settings, in different kinds of light. Also consider an external flash with a diffuser. That will help keep the white hotspots of the band members' glasses and trophies, as well as reducing the reflection on the guard leader's face. :)

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yep, need to get an external flash (though I do have a defuser thing for the camera mounted one. orange, blue and white, matter of fact.)

need to find the white balance I guess. (but I was just sitting in the front row, nothing spectacular)

Latest Discussions