Thai les majeste

blackdiamondcobra

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Well under the surface there is alot of subtle control going on especially with the internet. Its not all freedom in Thailand. The King is another matter, they take the slights against the King seriously and tend to pick out people to make an example of every now and then.

I remember being in Thailand when someone did a piece on the King on youtube they thought was mocking and shut down access to youtube. My friends were sending me stuff to look at here and there during that year and i couldnt access it. They lifted the block after a time.

I dont know where they are going with the case linked here but I guess we will have to see what the agenda of that is and what lies beneath it.

OP
F

Fede

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yes I remember that too, and that youtube user later made a video to apologize to Thai people and posted it on youtube.

I asked some questions to Thai people and some told me that it is better not to talk about royalty at all when in public, even when it's positive.

VASI

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Its true, bro even before a movie they stand up at attention before pix of king

OP
F

Fede

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yes true, and it's a solemn moment too with the music and pictures but it's understandable when you think about all he has done for Thailand.

Latest Discussions